Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GPS Unit dismounts - anybody got a fix?

Basically my girlfriend and I both have GPS units. I have a Garmin and she has a Bryton. We have supposedly downloaded all the latest software off the respective websites, but when we try uploading the information to a Mac the remote drives disconnect. Apart from the disconcerting messages about damage to the device it is incredible frustrating. When I upload to a PC I have no problems. I used to be able to use Windows on my Mac (using parallels) to upload, but due to a software update this is no longer possible. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and how they solved it.

The Garmin website is particularly annoying in being able to access any useful or meaningful information. Any help is appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sounds like a fault with your Mac. Your Garmin and its card should mount on the desktop as with any other drive, USB stick etc.

Colin Peyresourde replied to pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

I spoke to Apple and indeed there was a problem with my Mac. Or at least one of the programs running on it. Apparently Moveslink (Suunto's heart rate program) interfers with the download. It's not normally an issue as the RAM is pretty good. But it must be a software clash.

Latest Comments