Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cool New Threads

I started reading and posting on road.cc last summer and it is a very lively forum. However, I have noticed in the new year that the forum has gone a bit quiet. Some of the same old threads keep being dug up and there is less discussion.
I think this is just down to people being off their bikes for the winter, all the news items and new bike threads to post on and the start of the fantasy game. So I hope there will be more people writing about their training and adventures now that Spring seems to be on the way (at least here the daffs are coming up and the rugby is on the telly.)

Meanwhile 'Cool new threads' means something else too. I'll post a picture below of my latest acquisition that I couldn't resist. It is a Great Britain Paralympics skinsuit. Luckily someone I know was able to pick it up for me and they made some up to XL.
I am thinking of wearing it at some sportives I have planned this summer. It might get some attention at the start, and should make me push hard. I am going to need the brand new padding to protect my butt as 52, 92 and 100 miles could be a bit painful, and all the training too.
I guess some people are going to say I haven't earned it, but London 2012 is now over, only a few people ever get to compete in this kit for such a brief time.I am proud of our athletes and I will be very proud to wear it occasionally (plus I don't fancy actually being in the Paralympics as that would require some random limb severage! ouch.) I'd much rather have this rare suit than spend £200 on Rapha Sky's new kit just to be another team clone. I am going to try very hard not to let you overtake me.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

broomwagonboy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks cool, should get some good looks at the cafe stop.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

A skinsuit for 100 miles sounds fun, where will you put your rainjacket/phone/keys/food?

Leviathan replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

A skinsuit for 100 miles sounds fun, where will you put your rainjacket/phone/keys/food?

Rain, in Britain, in the summer? You're kidding right.
I might fit some jersey pockets across the small of the back, how often can you fit a rain jacket in there on a normal jersey? I am also looking at a BBB bottle case for my spare cage space. You can always put a gel bar or whatever up your sleeve or taped to the frame.

I've always found skinsuits a bit lighter and more flexible feeling especially for the high summer (no shoulder straps under the jersey and just one layer around the waist.) They are no more or less 'binding' down the front, but shorts are good the rest of the year as it is easier to reach down for a 'rearrangement' of the family jewels. So a skinsuit isn't ideal as a base layer but as the only layer for the summer, perfect.

The Castelli San Remo speedsuit concept is cool, a suit with the look of an aero jersey top and pockets but light and one piece like a skinsuit.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's because I've not been about much  3

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

I agree there hasn't been a decent tyre thread in ages!!

teamrocket13 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good for you hope to see you on the roads  16

Latest Comments