Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New badges with amounts

So, who's liking the new look badge set up?

I do, 16 times i've won the sprint one.  4

At the end of the season, I PERSONALLY, will give out a prize for the MOST badges of one kind, any kind that you have achieved, so I'll let you know towards the end of the season. Then we'll get some screen shots from you.

So it will be of any badge, just the biggest number beside it. So keep working on those  26

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

By standings I mean the 5,4,3,2,1 awarded to those in the top five of the rankings each day.

So, your TdF Green jersey comp would score intermediate sprints on all stage, the top 5 riders in the standings for all stages and the finish line points for flat stages.

My thinking was to have a league style set up where you see where you are in the 'jersey overall', and maybe get a badge for leading it for a day, then the winner at the end gets a prize. It all depends on how Dave can, and wants to, implement it within the game as it is.

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

Quite a few of the shorter tours have separate sprints and points jerseys. You could almost make a case for the GT's being the odd ones out.

I'm pretty sure that there points on the line in TdF mountain stages - just fewer. Just means that the TdF points jersey is a sprinters jersey and the Giro points jersey is a consistent finishers jersey. Both equally valid IMO.

I think you should only include points scored on the appropriate stage (including at the finish line if appropriate), rather than including overall standings. Otherwise everybody could just bring in the appropriate rider towards the end of a tour to gain the jersey. Are you intending 1 jersey/comp/day (as in real life) or just one at the end of a tour?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pais Vasco was odd in that it had three comps, a mountain one, an intermediate sprints one and a 'points jersey' purely for finish line placing.

Grand Tours are more logical and have two, a points jersey which includes all intermediate sprints and flat finishes (or in the case of the Giro all finishes no matter the terrain) and a mountains jersey based on intermediate climbs and mountain finishes.

Scoring for those would be much simpler. Its just a case of how you do the jerseys, do you only use points won at intermediate sprints/climbs and finish line points, do you include sprint/KoM standings or do you use the total points won on certain types of terrain?

I'd rather see one of the former rather than the latter because the latter means it'd probably be won by someone high up in the race table anyway whereas restricting it to intermediate points and standings might mean you need to sacrifice overall standing in order to win the jersey (just like riders have to do in the race).

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

I quite like the jerseys idea but maybe it should include all points which are valid in the race for the competition so eg the TdF green jersey would include finish line points but the VPV sprints jersey wouldn't. I don't feel particularly strongly either way (I can't see me winning many, if any jerseys)- it just seems slightly more logical.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think the 10k badge is just about within my reach during the Giro but only if I do as well as last year.

A 20k or 25k badge would be nice, along with maybe generic MM, HM and IT badges to go along with the flat and summit ones already on offer.

I'd still like to see jerseys awarded during the grand tours. Have sprint and mountain jerseys awarded for the team who got the most points from intermediate sprint and sprint rankings and climbs and KoM standings respectively. That'd really give teams something different to aim for as you could stack your teams with people just for breaks/sprints and forget the finish line entirely.

dave atkinson replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I think the 10k badge is just about within my reach during the Giro but only if I do as well as last year.

A 20k or 25k badge would be nice, along with maybe generic MM, HM and IT badges to go along with the flat and summit ones already on offer.

I'd still like to see jerseys awarded during the grand tours. Have sprint and mountain jerseys awarded for the team who got the most points from intermediate sprint and sprint rankings and climbs and KoM standings respectively. That'd really give teams something different to aim for as you could stack your teams with people just for breaks/sprints and forget the finish line entirely.

looking into all of this  39

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think a 25K one would be a great idea.......I can see maybe 20-30 teams getting that by seasons end(and of course Wig_Billy by the ebd of the TDF!!).

#RespectTheMaillotJaune

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm kinda proud of my lanterne rouge x 4

Alan Tullett replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

They are fun, got 5, but none for a while!

63 badges now, not including 2k and 5k. Think we'll need a 15k and 20k one by the end of the season.

High scores recently! Almost getting too easy to pack your team with GC contenders!

Philip Unwin replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

They are fun, got 5, but none for a while!

63 badges now, not including 2k and 5k. Think we'll need a 15k and 20k one by the end of the season.

High scores recently! Almost getting too easy to pack your team with GC contenders!

Got 29 sprint and 4 Lanterne Rouge, unfortunately can't pick anything in between.  31

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks dr  16

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Podium is getting top three riders on a stage.

Stage podium is having your fantasy team place in the top three on a stage.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Does the stage podium badge equate to the riders in the races or getting a podium badge in the game?

Thanks

1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes

I thought lantern rouge would be a tough one to get, but now it's the overalls that I'm chasing.
Also, I just got high stage score two days in a row, so I have to brag about that.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

14 sprints,2 High Roller,2 Lanterne Rouge,KOM,Full House,Podium and 2K.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

When the points come in for the Algarve today, I'll get my 2000 points badge  4

pdows47 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got 3 Lanterne Rouge, 9 sprints, and KOM

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got 3 Lanterne Rouge... what does that say about my picks...?

I do have 16 sprints... so inconsistent I guess  3

serge78 | 11 years ago
0 likes

19 Sprints so far

charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Recount please, 1999 points :'(

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hurrah! 2k points and a second high roller badge thanks to stage 1 of the Volta Algarve  4

iii BAiiNZzz xx | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got 18 sprints so far

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

not surprisingly current overall leader wig_billy has a pretty impressive haul already...

Wig_Billy replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

not surprisingly current overall leader wig_billy has a pretty impressive haul already...

I can't get that Full House badge though...

Alan Tullett replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

I can't get that Full House badge though...

Got that one!  3

ray silvester replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Fantastic

0 likes

i've only done numbers up to 50 so far  39

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

15 sprints so far, not much else...

0 likes

i'm sure we'll think of something to keep you amused  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its a great implementation of a good idea but as someone who won't get loads of badges it was nice knowing that once I had it I didn't have to compete with everyone else...

How about an end of season badge for getting all the badges, an award that stays with your account etc so you need to go after it each year. Or badges awarded for the top overall, grand tour winners, most stage wins etc?

That way there's something else to compete for too after you've got your standard badges.

Pages

Latest Comments