Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mavic Ksyrium Elite front hub

I was recently unfortunate enough to, what I thought was break a spoke on my daily commute, however I was in more trouble than I thought. On further investigation my front Mavic Ksyrium Elite hub had cracked meaning my spoke would not stay in place.

I have been told by a fellow cyclist this is unheard of.

I dont bump up and down curbs just spend time on British roads (say no more)

Does anyone know where I can purchase a front Elite hub, I dont really want to buy a new wheel. Second hand would be fine.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

SPAM Naval | 11 years ago
0 likes

had a similar issue with my Mavic Ksyrium Elite rear hub also where a chunk of the hub which the spoke joins to, just cracked off on my commute home. Its still sitting in my garage at home a few years later used for spoke replacement when necessary.
My newer Ksyrium Elites (2010s) have just had another catastrohic problem where the rim sidewall on my rear wheel has blown out on my commute also.
So my impression of Elites is great for every day training, riding, racing, but when something goes wrong, its major!!

SpeshRider7287 | 11 years ago
0 likes

P.s. With any luck I may be able to get one sorted under warranty for you so i'll make those enquiries first and get price and availability as a backup. They may need a pic or 2 and (possibly) proof of purchase but ill let you know if they're required and we'll take it from there.

simmo68 replied to SpeshRider7287 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

0 likes

Sure no problem fella'. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and should have an answer for you tomorrow evening with any luck. Soon as I have an answer I'll let you know buddy.

George

0 likes

I've sourced a few mavic hubs through work in the past for a customer that wanted me to build him some custom wheels. I'm off work until Monday but am more than happy to pick up the phone and see if they have any. (They don't keep large numbers in stock as they're never expected to go) but they do keep some aside for custom builds/warranty replacements etc..

simmo68 replied to SpeshRider7287 | 11 years ago
0 likes

That is very kind of you. Could you let me know if they have any and how much it would cost.

simmo68 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I live in Portsmouth, which is about 70 miles outside London. How can you help SpeshRider7287? Thanks for replying.  1

0 likes

Where abouts are you based? If you're in the London area, I may be able to help you out..

_SiD_ | 11 years ago
0 likes

This happened me a few years back. Rear wheel - hub chipped just where the spoke slots in.
Wheel was out of warranty and every shop told me I had to buy a new wheel.
I eventually found a shop with a good relationship with Mavic.
It was sent back to factory and replaced for not a lot of money - as far as I remember £50-60.

So keep badgering away - Mavic will repair it if you can find a path to them.

albanb | 11 years ago
0 likes

I would try getting in touch with them. Its so unusual that they may consider a replacement?

Latest Comments