Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

leagues

Is there any way of showing the league tables including the premium teams, but only showing the scores awarded for the non premium competitions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

leortp | 11 years ago
0 likes

I imagine this was missed due to people's cantankerous nature but ...

Would it be possible to make a league where it adds your purist team and your normal team together to give an overall overall score?

Would be quote interesting and in theory would give an overal winner as well as a purist winner and standard winner?

cheers,

makiavelli | 11 years ago
0 likes

maybe a Truth and Reconciliation Commission is in order?  105

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

What else would we get for our buck? : )

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can make it more expensive if you like. always open to suggestions.

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Controversial.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

The big question is, will the cost of the premium game now go up, as the game engine has to cope with 19 teams, now that the uci have allowed the russians in.  3

livestrongnick replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

The big question is, will the cost of the premium game now go up, as the game engine has to cope with 19 teams, now that the uci have allowed the russians in.  3

LIKE  4

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

No, Katusha are paying compensation, but if it all based on teams, I've loaded in at least 10 new ones recently, I'd be paying a fortune  19

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is one reason why i love this game/website, the banter can be very comical sometimes  24

Weather your Premium or standard it's only a game just enjoy it for what it is and be grateful that we have such great extension of our love for cycling to share and play with each other  4

obutterwick replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

This is one reason why i love this game/website, the banter can be very comical sometimes  24

Weather your Premium or standard it's only a game just enjoy it for what it is and be grateful that we have such great extension of our love for cycling to share and play with each other  4

Well said.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

i spec i'll probably make another overall table without the premium games in it. shouldn't be hard.

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, this is a lively thread. Sorry to have only just found it.

leortp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Would it be possible to make another league where it adds your purist team and your normal team together to give an overall overall score?

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to leortp | 11 years ago
0 likes

I fully retract the "scandalized" comment.It was a badly backfired cycling in-joke re Guimard describing Andy Schleck tossing away the Giro,apologies.As for "us and them" mentality,i agree,this goes against the grain,what distinguishes cycling fans/cyclists from other sports fans is the connection,the nod or hello on the road.I'll pay the premium next season but not play the premium races because i want to support a great game.I am sure the decision to go premium halfway through last season wasnt reached lightly,without knowing the folks making the game i am convinced it was a discussed and reasoned decision with the consideration of keeping everyone inclusive.The non-payers post from Ray S is silly,its not the poll tax,grow up for goodness sake.

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

Last year premium scores did not count in overall tables, thats why im wondering why yall act like its normal. You should understand those premium races as a bonus. Im not living in the uk and dont possess a credit card, so im not able to get me a premium account. The question is not if theres a way to show a table without premium scores. Its about whether premium scores should be relevant in the overall. Or maybe theres a possibility to create a premium league (similar to the purist league).

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm not liking the us vs them replies.

Its a game, some can afford and some can't afford to pay, some that can afford, choose not to because they are only interested in certain races.

I'll happily admit, last year I could not afford it, but I was testing out the game and server as a "beta" tester and Dave gave me the £10 back after all the testing.

This year, again, I could just about scrape the money together, but because I'm running alot of the races, also sorted out all the riders and their pictures aswell. I was given premium free.

So I see where people that cannot afford/don't want to pay are coming from.

We do need a league that discounts the premium races, to show a like for like progress though the season. Especially because I am adding new races to the premium calendar  3

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I just hope that an optional £10 payment is not going to make us become a class-differentiating cycling website...... For me I play because it makes watching on Eurosport a lot more interesting...I dont care about the new gimmicky badges and stuff... Lets just be one happy family....Differences of opinion are a fact of life...
Probably ranks as the best tenner that I ever spend in a year...  4

Stumps replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I just hope that an optional £10 payment is not going to make us become a class-differentiating cycling website...... For me I play because it makes watching on Eurosport a lot more interesting...I dont care about the new gimmicky badges and stuff... Lets just be one happy family....Differences of opinion are a fact of life...

Still think we should have a "like" button. Saves me cut / pasting and then typing this  4

simon F replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Still think we should have a "like" button. Saves me cut / pasting and then typing this  4

You could just press quote instead of reply. Saves on the cut/paste. Aside from that, I agree (with both of you)  1

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

which one?

Quote:

I am scandalized by this,

from G&S or

Quote:

To be honest I'm scandalised

in reply?

Personally, so long as you're consistent, I consider that -ise and -ize are both fine

TERatcliffe26 replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

which one?

Quote:

I am scandalized by this,

from G&S or

Quote:

To be honest I'm scandalised

in reply?

Personally, so long as you're consistent, I consider that -ise and -ize are both fine

19 some humour to the thread (or should that be humor :?)

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't have a problem with the original request. It's perfectly reasonable and would probably be interesting to see.

It's the

Quote:

if you cant see that then i cant help you.

that I find irritating. If you're not paying and want extra features, then that's probably not the way to go about it.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I pay but I agree with Gilbert and Sullivan.....Surely its possible to let nonpayers have a separate league...

Little bit of arrogance and rudeness on the behalf of some people.....all Gilbert and Sullivan did was politely ask a question...  17

ray silvester replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I pay but I agree with Gilbert and Sullivan.....Surely its possible to let nonpayers have a separate league...

Little bit of arrogance and rudeness on the behalf of some people.....all Gilbert and Sullivan did was politely ask a question...  17

It was the 'scandalised' comment that done it for me

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Having been on a really tight budget a few years back i can see where some people are coming from. I'm fortunate now that i can afford the £10 but some cant.

The game should show how the people who cant afford to play are positioned by showing a league without the premium scores.

However i play premium purely because i want to play more races. I dont have the time to sit and scroll through masses of stats, i play purely for the enjoyment.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Those who pay are helping to ensure that the game continues to exist for all to play, even those who don't want or can't afford to pay. If you can't see that, then no-one can help you.

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its seems that the mood is "if you dont pay we dont want you" That's fine.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

So it's a case of:
"I don't have time to research and play the game properly.....can you find a way of punishing those that do AND who pay for the privilege so that I can win?"

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just has a look at this, I see what you mean, the first non premium players are down in the 250 places.

We need a way to compare by taking out the premium race scores, but keeping the teams and seeing how we all compare.

Will see what Dave can do  3

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks,much appreciated.

Pages

Latest Comments