Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman - Stage 2

Its 45 minutes to transfer deadline and I have no idea what to do

Half tempted to swap out Breschel and Bouhanni for Gilbert and Phinney but my original plan was to make no transfer and have 6 for the Green Mountain stage.

Is today really going to be as tough as it looks?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

50 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hurray! High Roller badge (currently 6th in purist comp on my standard team) and sitting 20th in the ToO overall. I'm enjoying this one!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Stage 4/5 is my great hopes as both my teams are based around that, Saving my transfers so I'll have 6

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ditto, made no transfers for today, planning on none for tomorrow so I've got 6 for Green Mountain. Nice to see some of the big guys coming to the fore today though, gives an inclination as to who's up for it.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rubbish for my standard team

Having 1st and 2nd was solid for my Purist team at least

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bad times for me  20 red arrows all over my league page  17
Gone sprint heavy to try and get my 180 badge! If that fails only need 133 for my 2000 badge.....  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice one, hope you get that badge soon.

I thought it was for 2000 in a tour  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nah, it's 'a season score of 2000 or more' otherwise who's going to get 10k points in a single race  13

If things keep going well then I should hit 2k during the Oman/Algarve cross over.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Season score of 2k or more.
Wig_Billy and Alan Tullet are 2 of 12 to have it already.
As for the 180. only went over 180 4 times last season, so fingers crossed!
7maybe we could get a 200 point badge?  39

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

The one that's bugging me is the podium badge. It's the only one I haven't got apart from the season-long score badges. I can see me going all season and not getting it.  20

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I finally got the podium badge on stage one of Oman, before that I'd picked two of the first three about 7 times including a couple of occasions with three of the top four. Its hard to get but if you're getting close then you're bound to get it sooner or later.

The ones that worry me are the top ten in a comp and podium on a stage. As the season goes on and more people start to play its only going to get harder to get those.

simon F replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I finally got the podium badge on stage one of Oman, before that I'd picked two of the first three about 7 times including a couple of occasions with three of the top four. Its hard to get but if you're getting close then you're bound to get it sooner or later.

Pretty much the same as me with the exception that you've finally succeeded.

drheaton wrote:

The ones that worry me are the top ten in a comp and podium on a stage. As the season goes on and more people start to play its only going to get harder to get those.

I know what you mean, I was just lucky with the ToQ. That and the Tour of California were my two best results last season as well, It seems to come down to whether you're lucky enough or knowledgeable enough to get a good start in a shorter race where it's harder for anyone to catch up. More luck then judgement in my case I think.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got 9/12 badges now. Podium on a stage is going to be tricky but I've won one stage a year in the TdF for the last two years, which is usually my best comp apart from TDU. Last year ToQ and ToO were a bit of a disaster so I'm very pleased to be 5th overall and doing ok in Oman so far, although I'm not keeping back as many transfers for green mountain as I intended to. I never can resist the siren call of a transfer that's just begging to be done.

I remember this stage was quite a tough one last year and broke up near the end so who knows what will happen.

Will Sagan have a go on green mountain; he can climb but will he be bothered? What do you think?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan is an enigma, there's no knowing what he might do. If he's after the classics then a bit of climbing might be good prep for MSR but he may be happy with today and take it easy, it could go either way.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Viviani might be the lead sprinter tomorrow but I'm not going to change Sagan at the mo as it would be too risky. But if he got bonus secs tomorrow he'd have something to defend with the possibility of more bonus secs to come. But I expect him to sit up or at least not try too hard. on Thurs.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

My races so far this season have been nothing short of crap. Way down in all the leagues and only 1 badge.

But as the song goes "things can only get better".

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, I think I'll stick with these guys again tomorrow...they did quite well today.

Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Tony Gallopin (RSN)
Nacer Bouhanni (FDJ)
Filippo Fortin (COG)
Marcel Kittel (ARG)
Kenny van Hummel (VCD)
Marko Kump (SAX)
Davide Appollonio (ALM)
Danny Van Poppel (VCD)

And then froome can join the fray for ther green mountain thingy thang

spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is it a sprint tommorow or climbing?

JAndrewHill replied to spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes
spurs810 wrote:

Is it a sprint tommorow or climbing?

A little lumpy rather thsn an uphill finish...

spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah ok, the sprinters might prefer that then, and the green mont' is tommorow is it?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Green Mountain is stage 4 I think which is Thursday. Tomorrow will likely be a sprint finish but perhaps a slightly tougher one than the first stage.

Pages

Latest Comments