Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman - Stage 2

Its 45 minutes to transfer deadline and I have no idea what to do

Half tempted to swap out Breschel and Bouhanni for Gilbert and Phinney but my original plan was to make no transfer and have 6 for the Green Mountain stage.

Is today really going to be as tough as it looks?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

50 comments

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 and 2 this time. I just don't seem to be able to get my Podium badge.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 Sagan
2 Gallopin
3 Elmiger
4 Nibali
5 Stybar
6 Froome
7 Bandiera
8 Marcato
9 Impey
10 Bouhanni

Kingrolo | 11 years ago
0 likes

Twitter says Sagan was first and Gallopin 2nd in a leading group of 10 that had 19 seconds on the bunch

chokofingrz | 11 years ago
0 likes

Everyone is buying Sagan for today, I guess I'm the only person to cut him after the first stage. Will I look like a fool in an hour's time? Possibly.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I made 4 transfers :?. I couldn't leave Kittel, Kristoff, and Viviani in my team knowing they almost certainly won't be fighting for the win today. I also reluctantly got rid of Bouhanni because otherwise I couldn't afford Sagan. I know it's a risk, but it felt like the right decision last night...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Tour of Oman - LIVE‏@TourofOman_live

38K left to race. Gap down to 4:00 for Traksel (CSS) and Kinoshita (JPN). The two race leaders have been away for 108K. #TOO13

Should come back together but it's been slow so far today, does that mean sprinters have a chance or that the climbers and stronger riders will just blast away on the climb with fresh legs?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

In the end, that was the decidiing factor for me in not making transfers, it's just too unpredictable.

There's no guarantee that making transfers would put me in a better position today whereas not making them puts me in a solid position for tomorrow and a much better position for the stage to Green Mountain.

The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes

tricky stage today i dumepd goss for sagan my gues its to hard for goss
but he did well in TDU so it could be a bad move
boonen has been injuried so i don't think he will be up to it today
as for BMC my gues is they will go for gilbert or greg
degenkolb could even win here or not even be top 10

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

My Team
Peter Sagan
Philippe Gilbert
Nacer Bouhanni
Danny Van Poppel
Joseph Dombrowski
Nikias Arndt
Greg van Avermaet
Davide Appollonio
Dario Cataldo

Taken 10 point penalty dropping Goss, Bewley & Fortin!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Correction

Quote:

Wrong rider number earlier. Apologies. It is Kinoshita not Uchima of Team Japan in the break. Sprint 1: 1. Traksel 2. Kinoshita 3. Kittel.

so

Quote:

Kittel (ARG) earns 1 bonus second for 3rd place in the intermediate sprint to further extend his lead in on GC + points competition. #TOO13

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Gap has grown to 5:40 as Traksel (CSS) and Uchima (JPN) approach the first intermediate sprint (32K). #TOO13

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Summary of yesterdays stage is on eurosport 2 now

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm clueless on this - I've worked on the assumption that today/tomorrow may be fairly tough finishes, so if they are full bunch sprints I won't be scoring very high.

I brought in Boonen for Degenkolb but it was more a trigger-happy transfer than something that I can even retrospectively apply any logic to...

So, Degenkolb to win?

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Traksel again in a break.

0 likes

Haha, I may live to regret putting him in. My 133 yesterday wasn't as good as I'd hoped, after playing safe with selections. Time for a risk...!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can't see too many having Meersman though, he's bloody expensive at 22 credits.

0 likes

I think I may have made an error with my team  39

0 likes

I think it'll be a Sagan/Gilbert/Meersman day.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm, now is the point at which I regret not forcing Sagan into my team but I guess if I leave things as they are I'm set for tomorrow. And I have a couple of people who may compete, decision made, no transfers, my team is:

Bouhanni
Kristoff
Kittel
Boonen
Gallopin
Appollonio
Fortin
Iglinsky
Breschel

0 likes

Ive took out Ellisonde and GVA for Phinney and Danny Van Poppel. Don't think its gonna be that tough, but I think its gonna be a sprint for Sagan and Boonen rather than a Viviani or Bouhanni

4 transfers for stage 4 for me it will be

Pages

Latest Comments