Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman - stage 1

No idea how this race is going to go but today looks flat enough so I'm throwing 9 sprinters at my team and seeing what sticks. No Sagan but I've got:

Bouhanni
Kristoff
Kittel
Boonen
Gallopin
Breschel
Appollonio
Fortin
Iglinsky

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

74 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well I already had Sagan as I knew he could be a mainstay throughout, also why I went Boonen over Bouhanni with tomorrow in mind. I dont think there is much I can change unless I can somehow get Phinney in

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Podium badge  16

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7

Gallopin, Breschel and Iglinsky not reported so doubtful I'll get full house but sure 6 of the top 7 nets me a top 10 place on the stage?

And quite Possibly the stage!

I need Sagan and Van Avermate to have come 11th and 12th

Love to know how many had Goddaert though

Depending on the points and youth classifications I make that somewhere in the region of 200 points  4

Question now though is do I stockpile transfers for the Green Mountain stage or do I switch it up and bring in Sagan/Degenkolb types for tomorrow?

TERatcliffe26 replied to cgipryan | 11 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

7 in top 10 for me! (1-4, 7, 8, 10)

Spoil the fun why don't you  3

You may have won the stage then, my only hope is Sagan and GVA coming next of the rest

0 likes

Im going for the purist again  3 1,2,7 and 8 and I still look strong for stage 4 and 5 with Sagan, Gilbert, Velits, Gallopin and Ellisonde

cgipryan replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

For the stage win, it depends on where Sagan and Jarc came... However, I might lose the stage due to the GC points I lose on account of Traksel that soooo let me down in Qatar...

dave atkinson replied to cgipryan | 11 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

For the stage win, it depends on where Sagan and Jarc came... However, I might lose the stage due to the GC points I lose on account of Traksel that soooo let me down in Qatar...

Traksel got combativity tho

0 likes

Think traskel did get the Combative

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Tour of Oman - LIVE
‏@TourofOman_live

Bobbie Traksel (CSS) takes most aggressive. #TOO13

Yes he did, that may scupper my chancesof the win, unless Gallopin/Breschel get 11 and 12.

cgipryan replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
cgipryan wrote:

Traksel got combativity tho

too bad nobody got him after his ToQ...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

God this is tense, why does it take so long to publish results!

I am not going to have a productive afternoon...

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm, had first, second and sixth but little sign of anything else , points-wise. Not a disaster, but I suspect a fair few people did well today.

Ummed and ahhed this morning over dropping out Bennati for Viviani, but left him in because, er, he's worth more. I really have to get out of the habit of trying to pick my team up the maximum value.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got 1-3 but not much else, like many others had Traksel for Qatar but not here. Team is balanced for tomorrow with Sagan, Gilbert and Gallopin whom I'm hoping will do well, saving transfers for 4 when the GC will be shaken up, although that will probably happen tomorrow as well. A good start for my strategy, which was not too sprinter heavy, and the ones I picked brought home the bacon.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Picture of the finish,
Looks like downing made top 20!?  39

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is my favourite pic of stage 1

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

ARGH, here we go, Scores are coming, Last man home was officially Chan Jae Jang at +0 but Wiggo rolled in +1.21  19

0 likes

Yep, Wiggo last for GC +1.31  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aye, but he's not Lantern Rouge unless he's physically the last man over the line

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Scores are almost complete, just waiting for Dave to sort out an issue to see how I'm going to score the Combat award, because its been awarded in a 3,2,1, set up.

I don't think its fair for only one man to score if three riders are listed

livestrongnick replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Scores are almost complete, just waiting for Dave to sort out an issue to see how I'm going to score the Combat award, because its been awarded in a 3,2,1, set up.

I don't think its fair for only one man to score if three riders are listed

As no KOM might as well score all 3 riders!

0 likes

As Gkam said Chan jae jang is Lantern Rouge
Shame it wasn't wiggo got him in my purist  2

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aye, split the 10 points between the three or award 10, 6, 2 or something like that?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was thinking 10,7,5 or 5,3,2  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, tough decision, maybe a compromise of 6, 4, 2 like the sprint?

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

IIRC the 'combativity' award in Oman is just the intermediate sprints. so it's debatable whether it should be scored at all, since the riders already get points for those

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seeing as there's no KoM standing points why not score the sprint as is (6, 4, 2) and then score the combativity ranking as a 5,4,3,2,1 competition as a direct replacement for the KoM?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well I need a decision folks and I'm willing to make it, but mine would be that NO-ONE get a combat score

cgipryan replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Well I need a decision folks and I'm willing to make it, but mine would be that NO-ONE get a combat score

For what its worth, I agree. They shouldn't get points twice for contesting the sprints.

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep I second that.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

You could always put it on that way and then update later.

From the look of the website there is no overall combative standing, they're just ranking the three combative riders for the stage.

I don't know if it's linked to the sprints (for which they got points and ranked in the points comp) so I'd be inclined to just give the 1st guy 10 points and be done with it. That's not really double counting as on any other race the combative breakaway guy would probably have gotten sprint and KoM points anyway.

10 points to the winner, nothing to anyone else and keep it consistent with the rest of the season.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've gone with no points for the combat award, because it doesn't reflect who was the rider adjuged the most combative by the race commissaires

Pages

Latest Comments