Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Upcoming races

So Oman has just been opened, I'm in charge of that one again.

Then I'm also in charge of the early session classics.

Looking for suggestions. NO MORE than 1 race a day, but trying to squeeze in a few before Paris - Nice for the lovely premiums to enjoy.

Obviously it all has to be run by Dave, but so far I have

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 23rd Feb
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 24th Feb
Le Samyn 27th Feb
Strade Bianche 2nd March

So am I missing any I should think about looking at? It needs for have around 75% of teams already in the game, else it means adding loads of new riders. I don't mind doing that, but I don't want to overload the place.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

53 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know the notable racing without having to look them up  3 It was just fitting in races with similar teams so I didn't have to do wholesale changes to much.

That's why I have ended up with the four and its still going to be quite a bit extra work  26

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think there are plenty of races. The balance is about right. Best not to overcrowd the game in my opinion. Its good to have them regularly and its also good to have a few days off or even a week inbetween, especially when picking up to four teams over two races at one time.

Keep up the good work guy's  4

STEVESPRO 79 replied to letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:

I think there are plenty of races. The balance is about right. Best not to overcrowd the game in my opinion. Its good to have them regularly and its also good to have a few days off or even a week inbetween, especially when picking up to four teams over two races at one time.

Keep up the good work guy's  4

I agree with the above comments....We dont need swamping with races....a few days in between is good sometimes and then the game still remains something to look forward to and it does not become a chore....

Whats the old saying..."Less is sometimes more."

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well the way its space, gives you a few days from now till 23rd/24th and then couple of days till 27th, then few days to 2nd March. BUT, then its straight into the Paris-Nice on 3rd March

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is gonna be fun picking purist teams for this block of races.

How many transfers between races Gkam?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah Gkam, is it a proper purist comp or are there unlimited windows in between?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

How would you like it set out?

I have it

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 23rd Feb
4 transfers
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 24th Feb
Unlimited
Le Samyn 27th Feb
Unlimited
Strade Bianche 2nd March

0 likes

Id potentially have 6,6,6 and give people something to think about, but its your call

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sounds good, I assume squads for Omloop/Kuurne will be pretty similar?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The the Omloop and Kuurne are looking similar, the others are totally different

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Then I guess it makes sense to have unlimited windows between those then and keep Omloop/Kuurne as one thing.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right, I'm going to make you ALL do a little thought into your teams, I'm going to publish the start lists and you will have to work out your teams OFF game, because I cannot add all the riders in.....

I'll have all the riders for Omloop/Kuurne in the start list, you will have to work out who's in what race yourselves  19

spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes

How many transfers between Omloop/Kurne?

0 likes

So basically we will have to manually search for non-riding riders for our purist teams to comprise all the races

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nah, there are proper unlimited windows so you can make purist changes after the first two and between the last two.

For standard teams you'll have to work out who's riding the first, last or both as it'll be one list covering both races.

That's how I understand it anyway.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right. ALL the riders for the Omloop and Kuurne will be listed in the startlist.

So you will have to pick between.

There will be 4 transfers between them for normal teams, but purists will have to work it out.

Then it will be unlimited as I change the startlists around for Le Samyn and you will have to pick between the riders for that and Strade Bianche with 6 transfers between.

At the end of each race, I will remove the none riders for the next race, to make your transfers a bit easier  26

0 likes

So just to clarify for my purist team, between kuurne and Samyn I can make transfers? but no transfers between the 1st two and the last two races

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Correctomondo

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

Would it be possible to have the Giro del Trentino in the game?

Thanks

TERatcliffe26 replied to northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Would it be possible to have the Giro del Trentino in the game?

Thanks

If Dave wishes to add it im more than happy to run it

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 replied to northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Giro del Trentino is added

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pages

Latest Comments