Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Upcoming races

So Oman has just been opened, I'm in charge of that one again.

Then I'm also in charge of the early session classics.

Looking for suggestions. NO MORE than 1 race a day, but trying to squeeze in a few before Paris - Nice for the lovely premiums to enjoy.

Obviously it all has to be run by Dave, but so far I have

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 23rd Feb
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 24th Feb
Le Samyn 27th Feb
Strade Bianche 2nd March

So am I missing any I should think about looking at? It needs for have around 75% of teams already in the game, else it means adding loads of new riders. I don't mind doing that, but I don't want to overload the place.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

53 comments

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

Another for Strade Bianchi

Abbie | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to see a womens race in here

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Strade Bianchi

I'd love a bit of Africa Tour action, but understand that something like the Circuit of Asmara (24th Feb) or Challenge de Tripoli (28th Feb) might not be the most straightforward to follow.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Keep it as it is

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well the GP Ouverture has already taken place.

The Costa Etruschi doesn't seem to be happening this year, BUT the Trofeo Laigueglia is in its 50th year, its on the 16th Feb though, so not within the date period

spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes

GP d'Ouverture La Marseillaise (France) - opening French cycling season
Gran Premio della Costa Etruschi (Italy) - opening Italian cycling season
Any of these 2, get a couple of french and italian early's in there, just to get a taste of france and italia before paris-nice and milanao-san remo

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

HOLD UP.

I am talking about adding ONE DAY races to the Early classics. Thats all at this time, anything between 23rd Feb and 2nd March.

So anything to fill in those dates I'm willing to look at ONE DAY races though, nothing else.

I'm not looking to add more tours at the moment and woman's races MAY be in the pipeline for a test  4  26

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Think Tom's right, there's an 'early season classics' comp and I'm sure Omloop and K-B-K are in there. By all means add Strade Bianchi, it got some star names last year like Cancellara so it'll probably be a solid addition.

March is already pretty full with the Paris-Nice, Tirreno, Volta a Catalunya and the major classics so it might not be worth adding anther stage race until maybe the start of April where there's a gap before the Tour de Romandie. Pais Vasco maybe? Actually, that's a world tour race, why isn't it in there already?

Mikeh789 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'll second Strade Bianchi...usually televised.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gkam the two on the 23/24th are already in the game as the early classics, so strade bianche could be added into those

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Gkam the two on the 23/24th are already in the game as the early classics, so strade bianche could be added into those

Where are you seeing that??

NOTHING is in as early classics, I'm in charge of them, so I have entered the above races.  19

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Where are you seeing that??

NOTHING is in as early classics, I'm in charge of them, so I have entered the above races.  19

Oh right, im sure there is an early classics competition, with the dates 23-24th Feb, and im sure when were emailing that those two races were in that competiton

1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes

How about the Vuelta a Andalucia/ Ruta del Sol from 2.17.13 - 2.20.13? I don't think it overlaps with any of the races on your calendar. I myself have no interest in women's races being mixed in.

Gkam84 replied to 1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes
1wrangler wrote:

How about the Vuelta a Andalucia/ Ruta del Sol from 2.17.13 - 2.20.13? I don't think it overlaps with any of the races on your calendar. I myself have no interest in women's races being mixed in.

More of a tour than a classic, but will have a look.

I do like their funding though http://www.mynbest.com/1/1/xt1/0/10/92

DAVE.....Wanna pay £500 and I'll go report from an official car everyday  10 I'll pay my own flights  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've been working of the UCI list for European and World tours to get the above races. Thats how I know which teams are racing.

But I think the appetite is there for a few woman's races as a trial ahead of maybe doing a few more in 2014

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agreed, if you're going to add anything, add some women's races.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

I rely on Inner Ring's calendar http://inrng.com/calendar/

You might get some ideas from there.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If it were MY game, I'd be packing as many races as I could in, but its not up to me. There are at least 12/13 or the 22 listed teams already in the game

10 stage race starting 21st Feb  39

Also still working on the idea of a couple of womans races, maybe one classic Gent and one tour, just to test the water.

But at the end of the day, all ideas need to go through the boss man  3

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Looking for suggestions... trying to squeeze in a few before Paris - Nice for the lovely premiums to enjoy.

Whoa! Us Standards won't be able to play?  2

1wrangler wrote:

How about the Vuelta a Andalucia/ Ruta del Sol from 2.17.13 - 2.20.13?

I'd love these! Hell, I'd do the csv's every day! For free!  1

1wrangler wrote:

I myself have no interest in women's races being mixed in.

Me neither... : (

Mikeh789 wrote:

I'll second Strade Bianchi...usually televised.

Yep! That'd be nice, too!  1

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
1wrangler wrote:

How about the Vuelta a Andalucia/ Ruta del Sol from 2.17.13 - 2.20.13?

I'd love these! Hell, I'd do the csv's every day! For free!  1

Its not quite as straight forward as just doing the scores though

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Its not quite as straight forward as just doing the scores though

What else does it entail? I'd be happy to help out if anyone stumbles or is just short on time....

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Also, I'll pick up some if you want to spread them around.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not exactly what you're looking for but Tour de Langkawi?

Pages

Latest Comments