Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

RideLondon100 Ballot - Anyone Heard Yet?

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/Prudential_RideLondon___Events/Pru...

" Please note: Postal notifications of the outcome of your Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 ballot application will start to arrive from the 7th of February and certainly no later than the 15th of February."

Nothing in the post from them for me today.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

newboots | 11 years ago
0 likes

out of a group of 8 we have 4 places, which seems just above average, mixed ability and mixed donations ticked.
It was clear from the start the predicted numbers and chances was no better than 50 - 50. its a charity event what do you expect, i don't think it will break up before 50 miles in really and get up to speed.

jollygoodvelo | 11 years ago
0 likes

"I came top 20 in X, Y, Z..."

It's not a race. It's an opportunity to ride the route of the pro race that's later in the day, though clearly most of us will be trying to do it in a minimal time for our own satisfaction...

And 100 miles naturally makes it a challenge to a lot of people - they're doing the Freecycle event for families and children if that's what you want, and it's free.

I'm in.  1

velo pixie | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got in and at the time of entry had completed exactly one prior Sportive. I elected to donate my entry fee for charity.

How did the ballot work? heaven only knows, I'd guess that a given % of places were allocated to those riders who declared that they had completed one of the listed events, a further % to those riders declaring other events and a reasonable predicted finishing time, a further % of those donating their entry fee to charity etc etc

Can't imagine that the ballot would have been a simple first 20,000 selected regardless of experience etc. I thought the organisers were aiming to achieve a spread of all abilities and experience across the field? From what I've read on various web sites and forums, I'd guess they have achieved their target cross section.

I can't be bothered to check, but if the organising body is a publicly funded body then a freedom of information request asking for the details of the ballot process that was used (not planned to be used) should result in the relevant information being released to the person making the freedom of interest request.

Can't imagine its going to be like riding a well executed major sportive, but it hopefully it will be a day to remember.

jayme | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got in, but now do not want to do it as I am doing the London Edinburgh London the week before. Can I give my place to someone else?

Leviathan replied to jayme | 11 years ago
0 likes
jayme wrote:

I got in, but now do not want to do it as I am doing the London Edinburgh London the week before. Can I give my place to someone else?

Simple question: have you paid? If not your slot will go back into a second draw (open to those who 'donated their fee' but lost in the ballot.)
If you have paid you have two options: you can just not turn up, in which case you can guarantee a slot for next year by claiming you were ill/injured, but you will probably have to pay again, it just ensures your slot.
Or you could wait and pass your slot onto a friend, however I don't know if they would need ID to pick up your race number as they are not sent out before the race. The registration in on the Fri/Sat before the event.

MrLeffe | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in ! And out! I got a mag say yes and one saying no......am I in or out? Has any one else had this happen?

foot_loose | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in. First attempt. Not ridden more than 75 miles before so some training needed. Hotel booked for night before. Commiserations to those who have been unsuccessful this time round.

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not in but I do not remember entering !

oceandweller | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well, 2nd attempt & didn't get a place this year either. 'S Life I suppose. Last year I donated the entry fee, this year I didn't, so that doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm not keen to go the charity route, like others posting here it seems too much like asking friends & family to subsidise my hobby. So I'll try again next year, but I'm 65 now & though I've never been fitter than I am now - retired y'see, plenty of time to train, not cycle to work in pre-dawn half light, get home after dark too knackered to even turn on the TV, sleep, do it all again next day, & catch up on chores over the weekend - I do feel time's no longer on my side. Ho hum, not the end of the world however. Off to South Africa in 3 weeks for the Cape Argus. That's on closed roads as well, & the weather's likely to be better than London in August.  1

wellcoordinated replied to MrLeffe | 9 years ago
0 likes
MrLeffe wrote:

I'm in ! And out! I got a mag say yes and one saying no......am I in or out? Has any one else had this happen?

That's not the RideLondon100 mate! You've been entered in the Hokey Cokey. 'in, out, in, out, you shake it all about ...'

Pages

Latest Comments