Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

RideLondon100 Ballot - Anyone Heard Yet?

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/Prudential_RideLondon___Events/Pru...

" Please note: Postal notifications of the outcome of your Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 ballot application will start to arrive from the 7th of February and certainly no later than the 15th of February."

Nothing in the post from them for me today.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

Generalspenny80 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ride London 100 Rejection

Got my magazine this morning  20

Bit cheesed off really. I was top 20 in 3 x 100 mile sportives last year and winner/best time of 3h21m in a 100km sportive.
Having given all this info to the organisers and reading their guff about getting keen cyclists who are actually likely to finish the course; i was fairly hopeful!!
Totally agree with the previous comments.
Get the feeling the majority of places have been given to the charities and corporate sponsors so that the event is better advertised and more money raised. But at £500-£600 a spot!!!!!
I've done charity marathons & rides for BHF in the past but this just seems like a money spinner.
Good luck with the training to those who got a spot or those who can afford the many charity slots.

Think the broom wagon will be plenty busy  13

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Are you shitting me I just received a commiserations magazine in the post why not send someone round to kick me in the nuts while you are at it??

I got mine in on 13th August.

No I’m not going to harangue my friends in to paying for me to do it before you ask but good luck to all who ride it.

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

The ballot page works if you login it will confirm:

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/Prudential_RideLondon___Events/Pru...

Looks like I made it in, great!

However, I have to say that I could easily have been disappointed. When this even was announced soon after the Olympics I was overjoyed to have the opportunity to ride on the same course as the Olympics in a closed road Sportive. The event said that there would be 20,000 places which seemed like a lot. Having signed up I was not happy to see that they were planning to keep the draw open until 50,000 people had signed up. I entered my name on the 16th August, a few days after it appeared online, I have been stewing ever since that the event would be over subscribed massively and that 30,000 people who signed up perhaps 6 months later would get the slots not me. Not me or 60% of the first 20,000 to sign up. That doesn't seem fair to me. The first 20,000 is totally sufficient to get the keenest cyclists entering and would still take a couple of months to fill up, plenty of time to find out about it.

Yes, this kind of event might get new people taking part in cycling, but on a 100 mile event? The Great Manchester Cycle, had 13, 26 and 52 mile events; that is what will encourage new people to take part. A 100 mile event should be for keen people; 20,000 of them.

It is not impossible for you to take part anyway, there are a lot of Charities booking slots for riders willing to ride for charity for them. They seem to be charging £500/£600 per slot. If I hadn't got a ballot slot I simply don't have that kind of spare money to give. And even if I thought I could raise that sort of money from family and friends sponsoring me, would it be fair for me to pay the charity money and then effectively claim a rebate from my family and friends so I could cycle? No.

So sorry if you missed out I hope this post sums up how you feel. I have felt like Schrodinger's cat about this ballot for 6 months, so I understand even if I got a slot.

AWP | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well if that's the case I'm not in either  2

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go onto the ballot page and put your details in to pay, email/password, and if it says cancelled you are not in. Good luck to you all  1

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good job I didn't hold my breath as I'm not in. Good luck to you hope it's better news.

AWP replied to cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes
cidermart wrote:

Good job I didn't hold my breath as I'm not in. Good luck to you hope it's better news.

Sorry to hear that. How did you find out?

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah the eternal optimist  3 good man lets hope so

andyspaceman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Kind-of how I'm feeling too - but fingers crossed.

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nothing yet but to be honest I'm not holding my breath and will be very surprised if I get one.

Pages

Latest Comments