Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Med - Stage 1

Tour de Med starts with a 'flat stage'.  However, the stage is pretty bumpy for the first half and there's a real chance that some sprinters may get dropped if the peloton is going for it.

My team is sprint/climbing TTers split with

Griepel, Feillu, Oss, Turgot, Nizzolo, Navardauskas, Clement, Roy, Pauriol

and my Purist team is:

Voeckler, Talansky, Izagirre, Roy, Roux, Boom, Sicard, Pellizotti, Routley

So, hands up, who's picked Schleck?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

41 comments

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

I transferred in Pinotti and Navardauskas for Nizzolo and B.Feillu having missed Greipel on stage 1 and scoring only 34 points.

Rogers
Navardauskas
Monfort
Talansky
Roy
Chaves
LeMevel
Santaromita
Pinotti

I've already lost Schleck AND Taaramae from my purist team leaving just Nieve,Roche,Martin,Montaguti,Mollema,Quintero and LeMevel to try and improve on my 1 pt from stage 1  31

robdaykin (not verified) | 11 years ago
0 likes

looks like those 3 points are not such a bargain after all.

There is one poni though. Whilst Andy is not making a miracle recovery and is struggling we know there's a pretty good chance he's clean. If he had come back and torn up the hills in the TdU, maybe we'd be unsure.

meanwhile looks like Jens and Fabian and Chris and Andreas and Yaroslav and Gregory and Haimar get to spend another year yelling at another Schleck.

I do agree though, I think both Schlecks have motivational issues and rely purely on talent. They seem ready with the excuses too quickly when other riders grit their teeth and fight on. Odd when you look at who their team mates are.

drheaton replied to robdaykin | 11 years ago
0 likes
robdaykin wrote:

looks like those 3 points are not such a bargain after all.

There is one poni though. Whilst Andy is not making a miracle recovery and is struggling we know there's a pretty good chance he's clean. If he had come back and torn up the hills in the TdU, maybe we'd be unsure.

You mean, like Contador did....

I know that was different and that he came back from a ban and not from an injury but it never felt right how good he was so quickly after getting back into racing.

robdaykin wrote:

I do agree though, I think both Schlecks have motivational issues and rely purely on talent. They seem ready with the excuses too quickly when other riders grit their teeth and fight on. Odd when you look at who their team mates are.

Agreed, they seem far too eager to give excuses when things go wrong. I think though that that is part of their cycling experience, even from a young age they've both been protected and molly-coddled as stars whereas other riders have had to work their way up the hard way (including the likes of Wiggins) and perhaps have 'earned' their status whereas, to a certain extent, the Schleck haven't.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

This tactic of trying to get as much racing in as possible before the TdF is really working well for him...

You get the impression that he doesn't really want to struggle along like all the other guys and if he can't be great he doesn't want to take part. From the sounds of it the only reason he managed so much of the TdU is because Voigt kept shouting at him.

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

Andy Schleck has done a Schleck already??? He has cost me money at the bookies, he has reneged on the solemn bond of choosing to be in my fantasy team, and now he has gypped me again. What a schlecker!

Simon_MacMichael replied to sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Andy Schleck has done a Schleck already??? He has cost me money at the bookies, he has reneged on the solemn bond of choosing to be in my fantasy team, and now he has gypped me again. What a schlecker!

If only we had a pic of Andy in happier circumstances to take away your pain... ooh, hang on...

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is there a badge for scoring 1 point?  20

Stumps replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I can beat that i scored 0 on my purist team  20  20

cidermart replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
JAndrewHill wrote:

I can beat that i scored 0 on my purist team  20  20

Same here 'Stumps' I got 0 as well, on my standard team with eight riders  39 , but I managed to squeeze a whole 50 points out of my decimated purist team, five riders left :''(. Stage two will be a shocker as well because I couldn't change anything as I was away  2

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, my bad, I'd mis-scored Maxime Daniel (20 instead of 25) so he was being picked up as 4th highest scorer and not third.

Updating now.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

No, ill check the spreadsheet but I'm pretty sure I scored him for 4th.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

I'm trying for some badges today.

Success :D. I got the Stage Podium, High Roller & Podium badges. But I think there's been a mistake with the Podium badge because I only had 1st, 2nd & 4th. Has Nizzolo been credited with 3rd?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, scores updating as I type. Have a look and let me know if you don't agree with anything.

Note, I haven't been able to find a combative rider prize award anywhere so haven't added the points in (even though you can guarantee they would go to Vimpere). If I spot a combative award anywhere I'll add it otherwise it'll have to stay out.

The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes

at procycling stats you can find the rest of the results

0 likes

Etapa 1 y General:
1 GREIPEL André LTB 3:25:23 Palmarés completo
2 PELUCCHI Matteo IAM à 0''
3 DANIEL Maxime SOJ ''
4 NIZZOLO Giacomo RLT ''
5 ROELANDTS Jurgen LTB ''
6 DRUJON Mathieu BIG ''
7 LODEWYCK Klaas BMC ''
8 HOFLAND Moreno BLA ''
9 HUSHOVD Thor BMC ''
10 KREDER Raymond GRS ''
11 TURGOT Sébastien EUC ''
12 LÖVKVIST Thomas IAM ''
13 NAPOLITANO Danilo AJW ''
14 KREUZIGER Roman TST ''
15 EL FARES Julien SOJ ''
16 LE BOULCH Dimitri BIG ''
17 DEBUSSCHERE Jens LTB ''
18 BOL Jetse BLA ''
19 BACON Romain BIG ''
20 ROCHE Nicolas TST ''

result availeble at biciclismo

andy
rein
duque
scherlincks

DNS or DNF

peraud allready lost 33 secconds

and a group with gavazzi and kern lost over 9 minutes

leortp | 11 years ago
0 likes

really glad I took out Greipel and Husvold in the last moments before the deadline.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Top 10 de l'étape :
1 André Greipel (Lotto-Belisol)
2 Matteo Pelucchi (IAM Cycling)
3 Maxime Daniel (Sojasun)
4 Giacomo Nizzolo (RadioShack)
5 Jurgen Roelandts (Lotto-Belisol)
6 Mathieu Drujon (BigMat-Auber 93)
7 Klaas Lodewyck (BMC)
8 Moreno Hofland (Blanco)
9 Thor Hushovd (BMC)
10 Raymond Kreder (Garmin-Sharp)

NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Top 7 non-officiel :
7 Klaas Lodewyck (BMC)

0 likes

1 GREIPEL Andre Lotto Belisol Team 16 20 2 PELUCCHI Matteo IAM Cycling 11 12 3 DANIEL Maxime Sojasun 6 7 4 NIZZOLO Giacomo RadioShack - Leopard 5 5 5 ROELANDTS Jurgen Lotto Belisol Team 4 4 6 DRUJON Mathieu Big Mat - Auber 93 2 3 7 LODEWYCK Klaas BMC Racing Team 2

andynic | 11 years ago
0 likes

Top 7 non-officiel :
7 Klaas Lodewyck (BMC)

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

What does Greipel do now.....withdraw?

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

What does Greipel do now.....withdraw?

He's not terrible against the clock and the TT isn't particularly long so I think he tries to put in a good time and show off the leaders jersey. After that? Who knows.

Friday is a bumpy stage rather than hugely difficult and all the climbs are decent practice for the Tour and some of the classics like Milan-San Remo.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Changed...

Classement non-officiel :
2 Matteo Pelucchi (Iam Cycling)
3 Maxime Daniel (Sojasun) ?

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Greipel wins - to nobody's surprise

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just switched on and seen withdrawals. Mt pursit team has lost vanmarcke, nordhaug and duque so thats me buggered. With taaramae in my standard (not to bad i suppose)

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps might get some Lanterne Rouge points...?  3

Standard Team...
I too had Taaramae  2
Greipel (to be replaced after stage 1)
Mollema
Kiserlovski
Sutherland
Navardauskas
Morabito
Klemme
Dekker

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Schleck's been dropped it seems  20

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Schleck's been dropped it seems  20

d_jp has a good point though, maybe some Lanterne Rouge points for you today.

Gap of 1'32" at 25km so it looks like it'll come back together for a Griepel win.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Live text seems to have missed the cat 2 climb and gone straight to the intermediate sprint:

Résultat du sprint intermédiaire :
1 Thomas Vaubourzeix (La Pomme Marseille)
2 Will Routley (Accent Jobs-Wanty)
3 Théo Vimpère (BigMat-Auber 93)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have Taaramae in one team and Duque in the other  14

Pages

Latest Comments