Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Medatarian

When will this be open?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes

There's some profiles on steephill.tv here http://www.steephill.tv/tour-mediterraneen/

Which more or less match up with Mr F's above

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland removed from the start list although no replacement confirmed yet, I'd also avoid AG2Rs Julien Berard as he appears to be riding the Tour of Qatar at the moment  39

NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No profiles, but videos showing the last few kms of each stage here: http://www.letourmed.fr/videos.html

simon F replied to NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Some profiles above - not very good. I've got better ones but nowhere to post them - they're too wide to go on here. You can generate your own using the kml files I posted using google earth or gpsvisualizer (I have no connection with them).

NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Stage 2 time trial should be very interesting. 20km of exposed road with the Med on one side and the Etang de Thau on the other; and then up Mont St. Clair in Sete which averages 15%!

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

For anyone who wants to draw their own, bigger, profile pics or who thinks they can do a better job of the maps, I've attached the source kml files, zipped up.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Courtesy of www.gpsvisualizer.com :- some profiles. I don't guarantee their accuracy as I had to hand draw the routes in Google maps and some the of site's map pics don't match well with the route books. Should give a rough idea though.

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

picked a team but what the hell is Greipel doing there?!? Extra leg work?

Simon_MacMichael replied to rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Total guess, but I'm wondering Milan-San Remo? Good practice for it.

ray silvester replied to rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

My idea of the Stage 1 winner!!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I can't find any proper profiles but each of those docs tells you what climbs are included (GPM points) along with altitudes so you can get a rough idea of the days.

Unfortunately, when you drop below world tour level the amount of information available for races is pretty poor.

James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes

Amazingly I thought your purist team followed you all year  2

So I am out of the Tour of Qatar (purist).

eaju | 11 years ago
0 likes

and where we can find the race profiles?

sanderville replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive not seen any pictoral profiles, however the route and mountain heights etc are on the website

Man, you know it's serious when you're looking at stuff like that to try and pick a team. But well done, TERs, I couldn't even find their website.

I'm looking on Bing maps to check out the likely profiles. Should I see a doctor or just have more tequila?

Also, I'm very pleaesd to see that Tommy V has been upgraded by road.cc from AR to GC. That should be prominent amongst his palmares.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

He's still technically on the start list for the race and the Vaconsoleil reserves are all riding already so we'll have to wait and see who replaces him. You never know, he's a hard man, he might ride  19

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't think Johnny Hoogerland will be riding  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

The cycling fever start list has been changing though, I updated the start list about 10 days ago and again today and there were changes in between.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The cycling fever startlist has had pretty full rosters for about 3 weeks now (unlike some races with less than a week to go)

startlist is also here http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/118118022-Tour-Mediterraneen-Cyclist...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

There's still no 'official' startlist as the tour de med website still shows a list from December but the most up to date listing seems to be here:

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_...

worth a look before the race is opened.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

today

Pages

Latest Comments