Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Scoring for TTT

How does this work exactly?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

memories of meseeuw | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok thanks, fair enough, my mistake. Breakaway riders picking up all the intermediates is whats caused my confusion I expect.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The only races that EVER scored break away points are one day races. Not tours

memories of meseeuw | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not about the TTT, but the other stages:

I'm confused - why no breakaway points for this race yet still going to give 10pts to most combative rider. How does that work exactly?

TERatcliffe26 replied to memories of meseeuw | 11 years ago
0 likes
memories of meseeuw wrote:

Not about the TTT, but the other stages:

I'm confused - why no breakaway points for this race yet still going to give 10pts to most combative rider. How does that work exactly?

You only get breakaway points in one day races

There are still sprint points

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Should be a fairly easy one to get purely on GC points to be honest, missed out by one rider on mine in the TdU but in reckon it'll be easy to get in the grand tours so no rush  39

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nailed mine on TDU stage 4  37

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ahhh, sorry, got confused between 'Full House' and 'Podium' badges.

Yeah, Full House might be do-able.

0 likes

I don't think so?

If all members of the top 10 finishing teams score 10 for 1st,9 for 2nd and so on then you only need all of your riders to be in the top 10 finishing teams....plus you will have a chance of scoring for GC/Pts/Youth competitions.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

If the full house badge is winable on a TTT you'd need to have picked one rider from each of the top three teams. TTTs agree usually pretty unpredictable though, I reckoin everyone will assume OPQS for the win but who else will podium? Sky are hit and miss, Garmin aren't there, Greenedge were poor last year as were BMC.

I hate picking for TTTs though so I might just ignore stage 2 entirely.

0 likes

Big chance for the 'Full House' Badge then?

Gkam84 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Big chance for the 'Full House' Badge then?

You really think we'd make it THAT easy for you.....  19  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dropped riders WILL get their teams score. Its just easier that way

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ignore these

Points competition (stage): Points awarded for position in an intermediate sprint competition. See scoring notes for details on scoring for this competition.

Last man home: 10 points awarded for the last man home on a tour stage or one-day race

Most combative rider: 10 points awarded to the rider adjudged the most combative by the race commissaries

Team bonus: 5 points to every participating rider in the winning rider's team

Scoring notes for this competition

Finish line points
35, 30, 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Sprint points
6, 4, 2 points for the first three riders on any intermediate sprint

smiley_boy2501 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thankyou sir.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

See here:

http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=5502

Actually, don't, that's not right  16

The finish line points are usually

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 per team so each member of the fastest team who finishes in the front group of that team (ie isn't dropped half way around the course) get's 10 points, each member of the 2nd placed team gets 9 etc etc.

Plus, I assume there'll be GC and points competition points based on the jersey standings too. As far as I know there will be no 'most combative', no 'team bonus' and no intermediate sprints either.

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

See here:

http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=5502

Actually, don't, that's not right  16

The finish line points are usually

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 per team so each member of the fastest team who finishes in the front group of that team (ie isn't dropped half way around the course) get's 10 points, each member of the 2nd placed team gets 9 etc etc.

Plus, I assume there'll be GC and points competition points based on the jersey standings too. As far as I know there will be no 'most combative', no 'team bonus' and no intermediate sprints either.

I thought everyone got points in a TTT and it didn't matter if they got dropped

Latest Comments