Scapin road bikes

by teamrocket13   January 31, 2013  

Any one got any thoughts on Scapin road bikes?

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Well, they're certainly good looking bikes, always one of my favourite stands at Eurobike

Tony Farrelly's picture

posted by Tony Farrelly [4130 posts]
31st January 2013 - 17:18

like this
Like (1)

Never seen one on the road which appeal to me and like you say good looking bikes

@Cadencepro
Coached turbo training sessions - designed to develop, grow and provide a performance for your next level

teamrocket13's picture

posted by teamrocket13 [71 posts]
31st January 2013 - 18:47

like this
Like (3)

my regular riding friend has one, a steel Spirit, it's pruddy, i've pointed him in the direction of this thread

posted by VecchioJo [736 posts]
31st January 2013 - 19:37

like this
Like (2)

Hello Big Grin it is very pruddy. A Columbus Spirit tubed R8 with carbon FSK fork & Chorus group set. Tips the scales at a smidge over 17lbs with A23/Strada wheels. Very comfy for long days in the saddle, with plenty of get up & go when you want - shortish chainstays leaves not a lot of clearance for much more than a 25mm tyre & nothing wider then 23mm in the front.

Had it just coming up to 4 yrs now I think (when did you get your Pink Thing Jo?) & am considering re-spray, not because there's anything wrong with the paint - in fact I took the seat post out recently to let it drain, & it was bone dry inside - they use some funky treatment to stop internal corrosion. No, if I get it re-sprayed I can fall in love with it all over again.

posted by john_l [7 posts]
31st January 2013 - 20:03

like this
Like (3)

love cycling weekly's bike of the year, the Fazer.

will be my next frame sometime.

All made in Italy too.

posted by mathewshotbolt [100 posts]
1st February 2013 - 21:48

like this
Like (3)