sold: new Genesis Day One Disc 56cm

by mhtt   January 27, 2013  

Genesis Day 01 Disc in 56cm - a single speed disc equipped cyclocross bike that can easily double up as a commuter due to handy mudguard/rack mounts, in pretty much brand new condition, having only done 5 miles from the bike shop I got it from to where I live on a frosty dry day.

The bike was bought a few days ago on sale as I was hoping to get away with a 56cm, but it is too small for me. Naturally, the bike has completely stock specification including the Shimano M520 pedals and SM-SH51 cleats (your standard spds). To view the specification/geometry please refer to the Genesis website here. I am asking for £485 posted to anywhere in the UK, unless you don't need pedals in which case I am happy to knock a tenner off. I am based in Glasgow bridgeton area for viewing or collection. I will gladly arrange a delivery by a courier but other than that I have no means of delivery. More pics available here.

Thanks for looking!

11 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Very interested in this and I'm not too far away being just east of perth. I was hoping to sell my my road bike (couple of posts down). How would you be looking for payment?

posted by cupra [6 posts]
28th January 2013 - 13:22

like this
Like (5)

I'm not fussy, cash on collection, bank transfer or paypal (both usual or gift options). In case of non-gift paypal i would expect the buyer to split the fees with me (roughly £8 each)

posted by mhtt [41 posts]
28th January 2013 - 20:53

like this
Like (4)

I accepted an offer so unless the buyer backs out the bike is now sold.

1st February 2013 - 16:22

like this
Like (6)

And the buyer did back out due to 'an unexpected household bill', so the bike is available again. If you're thinking of paying with Paypal, i'll bear the fees, so it's £485 and no small print

1st February 2013 - 20:53

like this
Like (5)

I have posted on stw. What are we looking at posted without pedals?

posted by cupra [6 posts]
2nd February 2013 - 19:32

like this
Like (6)

Hi cupra, its £475 posted without pedals.

6th February 2013 - 11:12

like this
Like (7)

Bike's reduced to £450 now

6th February 2013 - 11:22

like this
Like (5)

How tall are you can I ask? I'm 5"10 and I'm unsure if this might be too big for me.

posted by swmlon [13 posts]
17th February 2013 - 12:30

like this
Like (3)

swmlon wrote:
How tall are you can I ask? I'm 5"10 and I'm unsure if this might be too big for me.

I've got one of these in the 56cm size and I'm five ten and a half. Fits okay, but of course it does depened on the length of your torso. I would say I'm about 'average' , not overly long legged/long torso etc. one thing I did notice on the Genesis website if i remember correctly is that the 54cm version has a 55cm tope tube and the 56 has a 55.5cm, so not a lot in it. Its the head tube length which differs so depends how many spacers you want to use or not . I've had to change the stem to a 110mm instead of the 100mm that it comes with so as to get the right fit as well because the compact bars are very 'short' in reach. The other thing I noticed is that due to the larger volume tyres the stand over height is a bit higher than my other similar 56 size frame.

Hope that helps.

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1081 posts]
17th February 2013 - 14:53

like this
Like (3)

have you sold the bike?
if not I'm interested

posted by giladj [7 posts]
16th May 2013 - 19:54

like this
Like (8)

giladj wrote:
have you sold the bike?
if not I'm interested

I've not sold mine no, and it is £350 collected from Bristol..just don't use it as much as I thought and want some other spangly new bits for the bikes I do use (wheels, chainset etc). Hence selling.

http://road.cc/content/forum/82662-genesis-day-01-disc-56cm

Fringe's picture

posted by Fringe [1081 posts]
16th May 2013 - 20:38

like this
Like (7)