Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

qatar...when does the window open

Just wondering when I can start working out my miserable team for qatar...are the startlists up yet anywhere?  39  39  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

30 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, I do get it, its just going to be interesting to see how the values go up and down. No probs - its the same for everyone. I like that there are very few obvious cheap guys that everyone will go for - should see a bit more variation between our teams...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't forget that you can also try and pick team mates of the winner for the 5 point bonus. Plus, the TTT also gives a purpose to your cheap picks too.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pretty sure Al Jazeera will show it.....they're showing the ladies ToQ in about an hour!!

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Also sprinters values increase not only because it is flat, but because each team has 1/2 protected riders for the sprints leaving 6 other guys as DS's with no KOM points either, meaning they are less valuable. Therefore makes it tricky to pick a team, as youve gotta try and pick cheap riders that may go in a break (12 points max unless they stay away) or ones that you reckon may pick up the 18/19/20th position on a any given stage

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Appollonio has historically scored on flat stages, the ToQ has a higher proportion of flat stages than the TdU therefore he's more likely to score (according to the stats) and therefore is more valuable.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its interesting to see how the points adjustments will work - eg Appollonio scored 4 pts in 6 stages at the TDU, but his value has actually increased for Qatar from 7.5 to 10, I'd expected it to go the other way...

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've split the top sprinter across my purist and normal team, I think my purist team is stronger though. Will Cav clean up here without the likes of Greipel? Will Sagan compete better than San Luis?

kaysing | 11 years ago
0 likes

OK - slight change - coverage on morning of 4 Feb is highlights of stage 1- There is live coverage on Eurosport at midday on the monday.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You sure its LIVE coverage, I thought it was just highlights  3

kaysing | 11 years ago
0 likes

looks like the sky coverage is 1 day out - stage one is covered live on eurpsport 1100 4/2/13.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The start list is not finished, its just the provisional thats one the Qatar site with reserve riders aswell

djb123 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The start list is not finished, its just the provisional thats one the Qatar site with reserve riders aswell

Just thought that I would give a heads-up is all.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well i've picked my teams and i have to say that was quite hard. My first selection went over by about 40 points !.

Its a case of suck it and see now, hopefully some of the lesser lights will shine.  4

djb123 | 11 years ago
0 likes

According to the OPQS website Tom Boonen wont be racing in Qatar, due to his recent operation. He is being replaced by Zdenek Stybar.

slh40 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Excellent, yes that works. Many thanks

slh40 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not showing as open for me. Still coming up as stage 6 of TdU and 'window closed' on the pick team tab.

Anything I need to be doing differently or is it a site glitch?

NeilG83 replied to slh40 | 11 years ago
0 likes

slh40, I had the same problem, but if you go select the competions option towards the top of the fantasy cycling screen and then choose Tour of Qatar it should open up.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ta v much dave.
Now to find the king of the mountains contenders in qatar.  39

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Ta v much dave.
Now to find the king of the mountains contenders in qatar.  39

There are no KOM points....Its hard to pick a team, ive gone 6 sprinters, 2 from teams for TTT and a guy who could go in a break

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

There are no KOM points....Its hard to pick a team, ive gone 6 sprinters, 2 from teams for TTT and a guy who could go in a break

Agreed, just tried to put my team together and it's really tough, most of the sprinters are prohibitavely expensive meaning you need to pick two or three then some cheaper guys.

What's really throwing things out for me is how well Boonen did last year. Are the stages pan flat or is there enough elevation on some of the finishes to make them more difficult for flat sprinters like Cavendish/Kittel. Basically, should I pick people like EBH, Degenkolb and Sagan or the fast men like Kittel, Cavendish and Bouhanni?

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

s'open

good luck all  4

spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes

What will happen with the cross over between Qatar and The Tour of Med?

TERatcliffe26 replied to spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes
spurs810 wrote:

What do you mean?

drheaton replied to spurs810 | 11 years ago
0 likes
spurs810 wrote:

Tour de Med will be open later in the week and the new engine now runs in a way that keeps races separate so you'll be able to run separate teams for each race during the overlap (assuming you have a premium account).

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

God knows when they will update that site, because of financial reason's, there are only 4 stages this year and they are really struggling  2

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

God knows when they will update that site, because of financial reason's, there are only 4 stages this year and they are really struggling  2

Although they have not too long ago said it was going ahead, at that time they said Cav and Wiggo were both riding, now they are both riding Oman....Got a feeling it may get cancelled  39

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its been ready for a while, since before the TdU, I've asked Dave to open it. So should be done today or tomorrow.

Just a few riders to take out when finally confirmed  3

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

startlists are up on the official site and cycling fever

It will open when Gkam has everything sorted, and Dave was probably waiting till the TDU had finished, so maybe tomorrow/tuesday?

Not sure whats gonna happen with Algarve, it starts in 2 weeks and we dont even have a 2013 website or any stage info at all

ruicarvalho replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

http://www.voltaalgarve.com/

Its the oficial website, but only in portuguese I guess.
Since I am Portuguese I understand  1

The stages are already there but nothing about the teams.

TERatcliffe26 replied to ruicarvalho | 11 years ago
0 likes
ruicarvalho wrote:

http://www.voltaalgarve.com/

Its the oficial website, but only in portuguese I guess.
Since I am Portuguese I understand  1

The stages are already there but nothing about the teams.

Thanks, but that is the all the 2012 info and those are the 2012 stages.
2013 should be on that site, but no info regarding it yet im afraid

Latest Comments