Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TDU Stage 6

Good morning,

Sorry I didn't have a thread running while the race was on, my brain is a bit of a scrabble this morning with things that are going on, so it was hard enough to do one thing, let along three.

So what I'll do is post the sprints, KoM, Finish Line (10) and GC. Then I shall leave you all to celebrate or not as the case will be with so many of us  19

Huge congratulations to whomever wins those beautiful wheels. Don't forget some photo's with them on your steed, else I'll be coming to take the rear for my trike  26

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

The Instigator | 11 years ago
0 likes

what a drama this last stage
i was thinking it would be safe to dump thomas
and take kittel causse thomas would get onley 8/9 points
for his rankings in GC and sprint GC
now this welsh lad has been scoring lots of points on the intermediate sprints
i know its a "what if" but at first i was planning to take fenn and leave thomas now i'm onley 8th and otherwise i would have had my first win:(

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

164 points for this stage( my best score for the week) and 4 Badges overall  4
Better than last year already  36
So glad i can never pick my transfers straight away and went for Cantwell over Demare!!  19 come on Qatar  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My biggest disappointment, although I never picked him was Boy Van Poppel....after his Tour of Britain showing, I was sure he could do something

Ghedebrav replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My biggest disappointment, although I never picked him was Boy Van Poppel....after his Tour of Britain showing, I was sure he could do something

Foolishly included him in my Purist team (along with fellow-misfirers Gerrans, Tanner and EBH). After Greipel, my second best Purist points-scorer was Jordan Kerby (3.0m)!

TERatcliffe26 replied to Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Foolishly included him in my Purist team (along with fellow-misfirers Gerrans, Tanner and EBH). After Greipel, my second best Purist points-scorer was Jordan Kerby (3.0m)!

He was in my purist team too, along with EBH and Gerrans, at least Gerrans won a stage. Im more disappointed with Schleck and Kittel from my purist team, as EBH at least contested a few sprints and had stage 2 gone differently would have gone for the overall

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Put Cantwell in my team last night then re-did my team and forgot to keep him so missed out on my Lanterne Rouge badge AGAIN. Also had two of the top three AGAIN and what were Demare, Kittel and VonHoff doing not scoring?!  14

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

32nd overall; I'll live with that. Four badges achieved (KoM, Sprinter, Lanterne Rouge and Full House) and bloody close to a couple of others (Podium and High Stage Score).

Also numero uno in the North West  16

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had a crap last stage, ive lost 85 points over the last 2 stages due transfers Ive made

So it was Gerrans for Gilbert on stage 5 and then for today I brought in Ferrari and Kittel in for Gilbert and Thomas! Oh I also sat debating on Kittel or Renshaw and picked the wrong one

I didnt do well overall but it would have bumped me over 500 points

Think I will just put it down to a bad tour

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, I thought I was going to have a crap last stage and I got 189 and shot up to 8th. Picking Renshaw paid off and Cantwell came last! Two Lanterne Rouge's in one race!! If I hadn't swapped Howson for Pietropolli the night before Howson finally went on a break and I'd chosen Jon over Gorka I could have been top 3, but never mind!! Top 10 ain't bad for a start  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

With that, I'm off to finish the scores. Grab some munch and hit the hay again. I'll be back later to see that everything is ok with the scores and no-body is having a grump at me  26

Take it easy and get out on the bike, see you at the Tour of Qatar.....

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Final GC

1 Tom Jelte SLAGTER
2 Javier MORENO BAZAN
3 Geraint THOMAS
4 Jon IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI
5 Ben HERMANS
6 Gorka IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI
7 Daniele PIETROPOLLI
8 Wilco KELDERMAN
9 Tiago MACHADO
10 Jussi VEIKKANEN

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Finish Line top 10

1 André GREIPEL
2 Mark RENSHAW
3 Edvald BOASSON HAGEN
4 Matthew Harley GOSS
5 Tyler FARRAR
6 Geraint THOMAS
7 Klaas LODEWYCK
8 Barry MARKUS
9 Yauheni HUTAROVICH
10 Kenny Robert VAN HUMMEL

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sprints

1st Jayco Sprint : Geraint Thomas (GBR) - SKY, Wilco Kelderman (NED) - BLA, Edvald Boasson Hagen (NOR) - SKY

2nd Jayco Sprint : Edvald Boasson Hagen (NOR) - SKY, Juan Jose Lobato (ESP) - EUS, Geraint Thomas (GBR) - SKY

KoM

KOM, lap 10: Garikoitz Bravo (ESP) - EUS, Tomasz Marczynski (POL) - VCD, Alan Marangoni (ITA) - CAN

KOM, lap 15: Martin Kohler (SUI) - BMC, Jordan Kerby (AUS) - UNA, Blel Kadri (FRA) - ALM

Latest Comments