Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TDU Stage 4

Gilbert and Howson out in front, have been since km 1

Gilbert let Howson take the KoM

Bobridge and Brown got the other points

Nathan Haas is out, he's got a bug

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

+861

Probably because I didn't make any penalty transfers yesterday  39

So what did I do today? Made 2 penalty transfers  4 Got a strong team for tonight though:

De Gendt
Thomas
Slagter
Hermans
Izagirre
Izagirre
Ponzi
Pietropolli
Dempster

Hoping at least one of my penalties picks up a good amount of points.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Green arrow with a a nice big 724 next to it shows how much of a salvage job that stage was......and a 'full house' badge too!!

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Made the mistake of swapping Howson for Pietropolli for 10 penalty points.  20 Had Howson from the beginning, but never mind! Too far away from the lead to win in any case. Still got 126 so not a bad day, but 97 off the lead with most people having similar riders is too much to make up, even with the extra 22 I would have got if I hadn't made the penalty transfer. If I'd had Pietropolli from the beginning, mind you, I'd be near the top!

Amazing picks by Gkam for purist!! Not an Aussie in sight!! I went Aussie heavy, which worked last year but definitely not this one.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Made the mistake of swapping Howson for Pietropolli for 10 penalty points.  20 Had Howson from the beginning, but never mind! Too far away from the lead to win in any case. Still got 126 so not a bad day, but 97 off the lead with most people having similar riders is too much to make up, even with the extra 22 I would have got if I hadn't made the penalty transfer. If I'd had Pietropolli from the beginning, mind you, I'd be near the top!

Amazing picks by Gkam for purist!! Not an Aussie in sight!! I went Aussie heavy, which worked last year but definitely not this one.

Your doing well this year, im doing well, not very well! hopefully it will change in the coming races

Gkam84 replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

More by luck that good judgement. I think I'll keep the same tactics for Qatar....No home riders  19  26

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got some green arrows next to my scores. I've forgotten what they mean its so long since I've seen them.  4

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seems the getting u everyday after 2/3 hours sleep has caught up with me today so I didnt manage to wake up and watch it. Better day but not good still

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm going to reveal my purist team, just because I want to boost  4

I got this one pretty good, the only guy I did wobble on was Slagter and vent for Visconti instead  39

I'm sitting 2nd in Purist and 8th overall....can my purist team do me good and win me the wheels??

Geraint Thomas (SKY)
Philippe Gilbert (BMC)
Andre Greipel (LOT)
Luke Rowe (SKY)
Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Giovanni Visconti (MOV)
Juan Jose Oroz (EUS)
Marcel Sieberg (LOT)
Daniele Pietropolli (LAM)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Scores are up, i'm off to nap. Anything wrong, give me a shout, but I think I'm pretty good at this whole scoring lark now  26

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Footage of the crash with 800m to go.

WTF were the cars doing parked there, without barriers in the final KM??

http://t.co/oylH5Njf

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lots of crashes in the run it, Cars parked on the side of the road within the last 2km taking riders out.

Top 10 stage

Griepel
Ferrari
Cantwell
Fenn
Markus
Kittel
Renshaw
Van Hummel
Demare
Lodewyck

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right, I'm off to start filling in scores. Back just before bed again  19

technojim | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ad break.

You got a prediction at this point?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

2nd Jayco Sprint

Philippe Gilbert - BMC, Damien Howson - UNA, Graeme Brown - BLA

NOT enjoying Phil and Paul either

technojim | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agree, the studio stuff is good. Not enjoying the Phil and Paul show. Though I am enjoying the the Phil and Damian break.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

1st Jayco Sprint

Philippe Gilbert - BMC, Damien Howson - UNA, Graeme Brown - BLA

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its the same as everyone else is getting,

Sky only do the bit with Yanto and JTL, which is quite good.

Update on Haas

Nathan Haas ‏@NathanPeterHaas
Just found out riding on courage alone isn't enough. Turns out you need oxygen. Which you get from breathing. #asthma #flemclog

technojim | 11 years ago
0 likes

First chance to watch some live cycling this year (the other nights San Luis doesn't count)
What is everyone's thoughts on Sky's coverage?

Latest Comments