Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fake oakley lenses

Hi, I'm looking to replace my now scratched Oakley lenses on a pair of flak jackets.
I had a brief look and found a pair of photochromic lenses on ebay for about £30, from the US.
The price suggests that they are counterfeits, but I don't know if I should take a gamble and give them a try or take a safe bet and get some genuine Oakley grey lenses for £40 for all year use?
Has anyone had any experience with counterfeit Oakley lenses and especially photochromic ones?

The link for the lenses is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-VL-Clear-to-Smoke-Photochromic-Lenses-for-...

Thanks a lot!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't take this the wrong way, but I always find that people with good eyesight take their eyes (and the protection of them) for granted. I'd be thinking not only of the UV protection, but their impact limits and how they fail (i.e. splinters or just a spider-web etc).

As someone with less than great vision, I never skimp on my specs.

Stumps replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I always find that people with good eyesight take their eyes (and the protection of them) for granted. I'd be thinking not only of the UV protection, but their impact limits and how they fail (i.e. splinters or just a spider-web etc).

As someone with less than great vision, I never skimp on my specs.

Completely agree. I've worn glasses all my life and having bought cheap copy Oakleys previously i found that they are not upto a good enough standard for me.

It's personal choice though.

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got an email from Martin Lewis website this morning re cheep Oakley sunglasses.
Not sure how "cheep" cheep is tho or if they have sports sunglasses but it is worth a look.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-glasses-discounts?utm_sourc...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you have genuine Oakley's in the first place, stick with their lenses.

The fakes are just as good in my eyes, but I wouldn't want to know the UV protection, I think that'll be the only big difference. Apart from build quality been slightly less. But only slightly

Latest Comments