Mavic Ksyrium Elite 2010 Wheelset (Shimano or Campy Hub)

by Mark_C   January 23, 2013  

Hi all,
Unfortunately I have to depart with my beloved Ksyrium Elite wheelset as I've upgraded to a set of Cosmic Carbones and they're far too good to go on my winter bike so they have to move on.

They've at most had a couple of thousand dry miles put on them, and as my summer bike hasn't had intense use over the past 2 years they're in decent condition and run 100% true, with a few scratches that are honestly hard to see once the cassette is installed and wheels are on bike, but otherwise there's a lot of life left in them. Fortunately for these wheels my commuter bike gets the year round stick in the rubbish weather. Laughing

The decals were removed as I preferred how they look without them, however if that's not to your liking then they can be bought cheaply if you look around.

The wheels have a M10 Shimano freehub installed however I do have a spare ED11 Campy freehub which I was going to keep to swap over to Campy soon but I can install if preferred, but please be aware that I'll be keeping the M10 hub as a spare for my Cosmics!

I also have a spare drive side Ksyrium spoke which I'll also include as it'll no longer be any use to me!

The wheelset is for sale at £300.

Here are some pics (front and rear wheel) more pictures at album link below:

http://s654.beta.photobucket.com/user/markcomerford/library/Ksyrium

7 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Well guys, I've realised that I've overpriced these wheels somewhat so will reduce them to £275.

Thanks,
Mark.

posted by Mark_C [7 posts]
24th January 2013 - 11:45

2 Likes

are these still for sale

posted by mpt68 [101 posts]
30th January 2013 - 5:27

1 Like

Hello,
Yes wheels are still for sale after a buyer who let me down. Sad

Thanks,
Mark.

30th January 2013 - 8:11

1 Like

Hello,
Yes wheels are still for sale after a buyer who let me down.

Thanks,
Mark.

EDIT: Oops apologies for the double post, for some reason my first reply wasn't showing, now it is! Doh. Surprise

30th January 2013 - 10:37

1 Like

Whats the weight of these wheels? thanks

posted by mreckless [5 posts]
30th January 2013 - 18:22

2 Likes

Hi there,
Just weighed these wheels on the kitchen scales, front wheel comes in at 691g and rear 865g which totals at 1,556g. Mavic quote 1,550g for their tech specs so pretty accurate. I would also imagine my scales aren't very well calibrated so mine may be closer to the official figure than what I've quoted. Either way there's always going to be a slight +/- on the official weight of all wheels.

Weights quoted above are without the skewers, this is how Mavic weigh their products (not sure if this is similar for other wheel manufacturers.) With the Mavic skewers installed the weight for both wheels come in at 1682g.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Mark.

30th January 2013 - 19:46

2 Likes

Still available?

gb901's picture

posted by gb901 [154 posts]
22nd February 2013 - 23:38

3 Likes