Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rapha Rain Jacket on sale

At the risk of appearing pathetically susceptible, I've just succumbed to the fatal charms of Rapha's marketing devils and have bought a cream Rain Jacket in the sale. I mention this here because obviously I won't be talking about it at home (the first time I put it on I am planning to say "What? This old thing? No! I've had it for ages!") but also because I thought I'd alert the road.cc massive to the fact that it cost me under a hundred quid with their end-of-sale discount code X15LWOS - £94.42 to be precise. The usual asking price is £190. I think this is a bargain. And if I keep saying so to myself I might even believe it one day...

You'll find them here: http://www.rapha.cc/rain-jacket-1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

no its perfectly fine. think its nice to look at? ride 4 hours in horrendous rain, take it off and admire how dry and comfortable you are. seriously. only piece of kit that rivals it is the wind jacket(even 2 hours of moderate rain doesnt penetrate that)

Martin Thomas | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's arrived  1 Is it wrong to LOVE a jacket?

0 likes

Yes fair point - I would have bought the grey one if they'd had it in a large but no such luck. But then what's a little mud stain here and there? It is a cycling jacket after all...

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

the rapha rain jacket is worth every penny. as is the wind jacket. stunning pieces of kit, fit perfectly and most importantly to me no flap at all in the wind

downside of the cream is you will easily bea able to say 'this old thing' after one ride as the colour is a dirt magnet  1

makes you look rich though when you are rocking a £200 jacket stained to hell.

dark colour for me if i need to replace it

0 likes

Hmm, the page has disappeared now. I smell a rat.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

@Martin Thomas - it's a great piece of kit. I got the Paul Smith version in a Rapha sample sale for £50, which I thought was a steal.

As for £100,000 to ride round Malaysia for a few days, if I could afford it, I'd be tempted to go over there with my own pro mechanic and soigneur in tow, ride alongside the organised group, and still pay less! Even JVA International couldn't parody that. Surely it's a joke?

0 likes

Practical schmactical. I've got a pink Stowaway that gets dirty very quickly. It's still my favourite piece of kit though. (I realise this opens me up to charges of Rapha fanboyism but I can live with that).

pjay | 11 years ago
0 likes

I would have bought one if they still had grey ones in my size. Cream isn't a very practical colour for a jacket you are not going to want to wash very often, is it?

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

They got the number of noughts wrong.

Correct price is £1,000,000  3

0 likes

Good grief! That must be a joke...mustn't it?

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps you can wear it on this this bargain holiday Rapha are offering

http://www.rapha.cc/climbs-of-the-tour-de-langkawi/

Latest Comments