Questions and Comments

by enrique   January 22, 2013  

Love the "Show/hide purist teams" and "Show/hide premium teams" buttons- thanks! Smile

74 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

simon F wrote:
Just a minor point on high scores - my Palmares shows a highest score of 222 (from yesterday - St 5 of VPV) but I had 242 in the Col D'eze TT in Paris-Nice. Any idea why?

i'll have a look at that

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7386 posts]
7th April 2013 - 9:37

4 Likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:
simon F wrote:
Just a minor point on high scores - my Palmares shows a highest score of 222 (from yesterday - St 5 of VPV) but I had 242 in the Col D'eze TT in Paris-Nice. Any idea why?

i'll have a look at that

Bizarrely I'm in the same boat except my best stage score is shown as the 212 I got in the 2012 Tour of Britain stage 6 Welshpool-Caerphilly rather than my 242 for the Col D'Eze ITT in Paris-Nice.

posted by ray silvester [1844 posts]
7th April 2013 - 10:15

3 Likes

Any ideas?

10th April 2013 - 16:00

6 Likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:
i haven't changed anything, so presumably all the time you've been moaning it's been working just fine?

Guess not! Smile

Dave Atkinson wrote:
scrub that, the data was right in the DB but wasn't displaying correctly. should be now...

Thanks, Dave! Appreciate it! Smile I know I moan a lot but I am definitely thankful for all the attention! Smile

By the way, not that you're in the mood to do any research on this, but I would expect there's a ton of scores this year that far surpass last year's - 2012 -Season High Score, right?...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1749 posts]
10th April 2013 - 19:25

2 Likes

?

14th April 2013 - 22:07

4 Likes

Perhaps time trials don't count?

17th April 2013 - 12:27

3 Likes

should be working now

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7386 posts]
17th April 2013 - 14:22

4 Likes

Thanks Guv'nor Nerd

17th April 2013 - 14:23

5 Likes

Hi - a very minor point, but I don't seem to have the right number of 180s in my achievements - I'm assuming both purist and standard count?

posted by andynic [48 posts]
18th April 2013 - 16:52

4 Likes

Wun hunnert an' EIGHHHHH - TTTY...!!!

Sorry, just get an urge to say that whenever I see the number "180" written down.

Once chalked an office darts match where the post boy got three into the treble 20. Proud moment for him, and for me... Big Grin

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [8116 posts]
18th April 2013 - 17:18

4 Likes

I love this game! Smile No. Angry I hate this game! Well, I'm bipolar. Crying I'm geting the pants beat out of me and I keep coming back for more! Thinking

8th May 2013 - 17:00

4 Likes

I've thought long and hard about this. The Game seems to he getting increasingly competitive, and the Forum more controversial. There's one solution. Ditch the Bianchi-esque prizes and offer cycle clips, valve caps, the odd roll of bar tape etc. Any takers? Thought not.

Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades. (Merckx)

obutterwick's picture

posted by obutterwick [536 posts]
9th May 2013 - 9:44

5 Likes

enrique wrote:
I love this game! Smile No. Angry I hate this game! Well, I'm bipolar. Crying I'm geting the pants beat out of me and I keep coming back for more! Thinking

Do you wear your pants on the inside? Big Grin

obutterwick's picture

9th May 2013 - 9:50

4 Likes

Personally play for a bit more interest when watching cycling on Eurosport.....Not really interested in the prizes, although its always nice to get prezzies (had 2 parcels off roadcc so far).....

If I won a Bianchi.....I would probably donate it to enrique, so that he could ride off into the sunset and never be seen or heard of again.... Smile

"Shut up enrique"

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [503 posts]
9th May 2013 - 9:51

7 Likes

I'd donate it to MTN-Qhubeka....Great team and Great charity(and it's easy to be charitable when your sitting 288th in the Giro 140pts behind!!).

9th May 2013 - 10:13

4 Likes

I want to be runner up and winner of one of the helmets and then spark a debate about the benefits of wearing one Devil Devil Devil

‘It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.’

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2761 posts]
9th May 2013 - 10:39

6 Likes

I don't want cycle clips. Just to clear that up.

obutterwick's picture

9th May 2013 - 10:47

4 Likes

obutterwick wrote:
... There's one solution. Ditch the Bianchi-esque prizes and offer cycle clips, valve caps, the odd roll of bar tape etc. Any takers?...

I'd keep playing! Smile At least during the Grand Tours!... I love this game, with all its emotional ups and downs! Smile

obutterwick wrote:
... Do you wear your pants on the inside? Big Grin

I'm probably too old to get this... ???

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
... If I won a Bianchi.....I would probably donate it to enrique, so that he could ride off into the sunset and never be seen or heard of again.... Smile

And I would take it! Smile ... And start a new thread to thank you! Smile

ray silvester wrote:
I'd donate it to MTN-Qhubeka....Great team and Great charity(and it's easy to be charitable when your sitting 288th in the Giro 140pts behind!!).

Heh heh! Smile Good one! Smile

9th May 2013 - 17:39

4 Likes

Unlucky today enrique.... Applause

"Shut up enrique"

STEVESPRO 79's picture

9th May 2013 - 18:00

3 Likes

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Unlucky? Smile No. 2 on the stage? I count my blessings! Smile That was pretty cool! Smile It's not like I lost out on a badge or anything ! Smile And! I'm sitting pretty at No. 822 in the competition! D Oh Hmmm...

9th May 2013 - 21:48

4 Likes

enrique wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Unlucky? Smile No. 2 on the stage? I count my blessings! Smile That was pretty cool! Smile It's not like I lost out on a badge or anything ! Smile And! I'm sitting pretty at No. 822 in the competition! D Oh Hmmm...

You lost out on a pump.....

"Shut up enrique"

STEVESPRO 79's picture

9th May 2013 - 22:02

5 Likes

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Nah, Dave would have probably had me pay for shipping...

9th May 2013 - 22:20

8 Likes

lol

posted by northstar [1106 posts]
9th May 2013 - 22:36

3 Likes

enrique wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Nah, Dave would have probably had me pay for shipping...

I think Dave would have done us all a favour and swapped the prized pump for free 'Premium'...... Big Grin

"Shut up enrique"

STEVESPRO 79's picture

9th May 2013 - 22:51

2 Likes

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
I think Dave would have done us all a favour and swapped the prized pump for free 'Premium'...... Big Grin

I wish! Smile

9th May 2013 - 23:08

5 Likes

Out of curiousity, is anyone banking 3 or more transfers right now? Thinking Just wondering...

14th May 2013 - 5:53

2 Likes

Not in the Giro, I may be in the ToC though

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3969 posts]
14th May 2013 - 9:51

6 Likes

No, not in the Giro, not making any transfers in the Tour of California yet but it wouldn't matter if I did because it's a premium comp and therefore everyone can bank transfers.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
14th May 2013 - 10:06

4 Likes

I can't lie, in the Giro I did from the first few stages, so I could switch my whole team out. It failed to improve. Haven't made any changes on rest day because I have the team I want, so storing transfers for the flat stages, so I can make big changes to a decent sprint team and back to climbers

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8865 posts]
14th May 2013 - 12:29

4 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
I can't lie, in the Giro I did from the first few stages, so I could switch my whole team out. It failed to improve. Haven't made any changes on rest day because I have the team I want, so storing transfers for the flat stages, so I can make big changes to a decent sprint team and back to climbers

If I Did That I would Need To Swap out Nibali And His Guaranteed Pts For Cav who Might Crash or Get Stuck On A Hill. Do I Play Safe?

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1227 posts]
14th May 2013 - 23:32

3 Likes