Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TRIBAN 3

Hi all
decided to buy one of these as a winter trainer
thing is with the weather being as it is (snow/ice) ive had the bike for over a week but unable to ride it!!
Anyone else got one and used it? first impressions please

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not ridden one or even seen one but every comment I read about them is positive.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

60kg lean keen ... | 11 years ago
0 likes

If any on gives you grief then try this for a story. Tell them for the price of that £1200 bike that they are probably riding, the money I’ve saved on the Triban 3 I’ve bought a bike bag and week away with Sir Brad in Mallorca!!!! Who’s laughing now!!!!  3

Adey | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for taking the time for your detailed opinion
be interesting to see what response i get when i finally get the chance to ride it on my local club run !!  13  3

60kg lean keen ... | 11 years ago
0 likes

I love mine!! Many bike snobs do put it down but at £300 it fantastic! Yes if you can afford £600 plus for 2013 Sora or knock on the door of £1000 for something running 105. Then 2300 and unbranded – unknown cranks and cockpit bits may seem a bit pants, but I repeat its £300. For that you get a decent light ish wheelset, good brakes (own branded btwin, but work just fine!) a Sora front mec and yes a carbon fork. The frame geo feels spot on too, smooth and stable but steerable and directional when you need it to be. To repeat, £300 for 10 kilos ish, you do the maths, price for weight it is far ahead of any thing else out there.
Felt Z100 £550 (discount £480 ish) / Marlin Argengta £700ish / Bordman Sport £499 (Alloy fork)
All above run 2300 and there are many more out there from the usual suspects but not at £300
I clicked and collected mine from my nearest store and it was fully built by some one who by taking to him in the shop seemed to know and have a passion for all things bike!

Latest Comments