*SOLD* Superb Boardman Hybrid Pro - top of the range with very high spec.*SOLD*

by trikeman   January 19, 2013  

For Sale - Top of the range Boardman Hybrid Pro
An absolutely fantastic sports commuter in as a new condition as you could possibly get - never had a moments’ trouble. Fast, light comfortable and has to be one of the best commuters around with great spec – fabulous braking too, wet or dry. It's NOT part of a cycle to work scheme either, I bought it for £999.00 new. It’s as close to immaculate as you could get for a ‘slightly’ used bike. It's my Son's - I have the same bike too.
Spec from website.
Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Chainset: FSA Energy Alloy BB30 compact crank 50/34T Forks: Full carbon with carbon steerer
Frame: Super lightweight X9 triple butted aluminium frame with tapered head tube and BB30 bottom bracket Frame Colour: Matt Black
Frame Material: Alloy
Front Brake: Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brake 160mm rotor
Front Mech: SRAM Rival
Gear Shifters: SRAM SL Double tap 2x10
Gears: 16-20
Handle Bars: Boardman 31.8mm alloy low-rise
Headset: FSA Orbit 1 1/8 - 1.5 Aheadset
Hubs: Formula 32 hole Q/R disc hub
Number of Gears: 20
Pedals: Wellgo alloy body fitted with toe clips & straps Rear Brake: Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brake 160mm rotor
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival
Rims: 700c Ritchey OCR Pro double wall black 32 hole disc rim with CNC braking surface
Saddle: Boardman black with cro-moly rails
Seatpost: Carbon Boardman 350mm x 31.6mm black
Stem: Boardman black alloy 31.8mm
Tyre size: 28c
Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro 700x28c rigid black
Wheel Size: 700c
Cassette: 11-28T
Geometry: Performance/Sports/Fast Commute.
You can view the Boardman website for anything else and the size is set for 5’8’’ then give or take a few inches either way.
I think you will appreciate that what I am asking for it is reasonable – years of active service to be had.

£600.00 Collection Weston Super Mare or Bristol TM.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

7 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hello Trikeman..

I'm a newbie to this forum and I've been looking for a Boardman Hybrid Team or Pro in a small. I know these bikes are coming up to 2 years old now and the new range is due in March.. I visited my local Halfords up here in Blackburn and they were able to order me a Team in a small, which retails for £750.. Have called Halfords to put the Team on hold until March, so I can wait for any price decrease and also checkout the specs of the new range..The guy at Halfords in Blackburn, (Rob) is a cyclist and seems to really know his stuff...Have been very impressed with his knowledge..Had heard all about the negative talk about Halfords, Bikehut staff...But I knew within minutes of talking to this guy, that I'd be in good hands. Would be interested to hear about your experience with Halfords?

I really like your Pro though, it certainly does look in A1 condition..Can you tell me if it's a small frame? I'm 5ft 7", with a 30" inside leg.. You also say you have one yourself? Can you tell me if you've managed to fit full mudguards to the Pro and if you've toured on it? I know the chainstays are quite short and I would be looking to put a rack and panniers on it.. Smile

Smuggers..

posted by smuggers [23 posts]
19th January 2013 - 18:59

like this
Like (1)

Hi Smuggers,
Yep, I have exactly the same bike though a few months older. I have full mudguards and a rack on mine. I commute on mine 20 miles, each way, daily in all weathers and I have not had a moment's trouble with her, that's the reason I bought one for my Son though he changed jobs and after that it's not been used. I am 5'8'' and this is how my bike is set up. Be really careful with the rest of the range - not many of them can fit mudguards, no drillings on the front forks either.
Photo of mine, also Small - hope it helps.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

Boardman 2.jpg

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

posted by trikeman [348 posts]
19th January 2013 - 19:13

like this
Like (1)

Thanks Trikeman..

Are those chromoplastics, you've got on your Pro? I will have a good think about your Pro and get back in touch with you soon.. I have a nightshift to do later and need some kip before I ride in to work. Did Halfords grease the BB30 up before you took it home?

Thanks for your quick response Trikeman and your very helpful photo..You sound a similar size to me and the frame size seems perfect.

19th January 2013 - 19:23

like this
Like (0)

Hi Smuggers,
the mudguards are SKS full thermo's with refelctive side strips (very visible at night).

Oh' NO' - I didn't let Halfords do ANYTHING to my bikes, though I did let them take them out of the box and carry out the PDI's (for the warentee's sake). You mention your local Halfords has a good mechanic, (should have him stuffed) my local ones don't. Smile
I trust my 'spannering' enjoy riding and don't have to worry about anything flying off - but have seen them putting seats on kids bikes and it frightens me to death.
Surprise
Anyway, good luck with your search.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

19th January 2013 - 20:06

like this
Like (3)

Good Afternoon Trikeman..

Really like the bike but I'm unable to travel down to Bristol/Weston Super Mare.. Shame your not closer, because I would have been very interested. Just what I need to get back touring this year.. Only started cycling again, after a long period away from it..So am starting out from scratch again after selling all of my bikes, apart from an old Rockhopper.. Sad

Once a cyclist always a cyclist, yep? Oh, I would never let Halfords work on any of my bikes either..Was just wondering if you'd taken them up on the first free service. I went to another local Halfords branch, and I think they'd have given your local monkeys a run for their money!! Scary how little they knew really.

Cant see you having a problem selling the Pro though. Great condition and a very fair price.. Love yours even more though. Big Grin .Pretty much how I'd have mine.. Out of interest, what tyres do you have on yours? Am looking at something wider and with a bit more tread on..Will be riding on some pretty poor roads.

Again, thanks for your quick replies and best of luck in selling the Pro..

Smuggers..

20th January 2013 - 15:58

like this
Like (0)

Hi Smuggers,
the tyres on this one are 700x28 Zaffiro's (the standard ones).
On mine I fitted 700x28 Continental GP 4 Seasons - excellent tyres, great grip - wet or dry - last ages, not had a p******e yet and really good ride.
Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

20th January 2013 - 17:03

like this
Like (1)

SOLD.
Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

21st January 2013 - 22:11

like this
Like (1)