Home

For Sale - Top of the range Boardman Hybrid Pro
An absolutely fantastic sports commuter in as a new condition as you could possibly get - never had a moments’ trouble. Fast, light comfortable and has to be one of the best commuters around with great spec – fabulous braking too, wet or dry. It's NOT part of a cycle to work scheme either, I bought it for £999.00 new. It’s as close to immaculate as you could get for a ‘slightly’ used bike. It's my Son's - I have the same bike too.
Spec from website.
Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Chainset: FSA Energy Alloy BB30 compact crank 50/34T Forks: Full carbon with carbon steerer
Frame: Super lightweight X9 triple butted aluminium frame with tapered head tube and BB30 bottom bracket Frame Colour: Matt Black
Frame Material: Alloy
Front Brake: Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brake 160mm rotor
Front Mech: SRAM Rival
Gear Shifters: SRAM SL Double tap 2x10
Gears: 16-20
Handle Bars: Boardman 31.8mm alloy low-rise
Headset: FSA Orbit 1 1/8 - 1.5 Aheadset
Hubs: Formula 32 hole Q/R disc hub
Number of Gears: 20
Pedals: Wellgo alloy body fitted with toe clips & straps Rear Brake: Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brake 160mm rotor
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival
Rims: 700c Ritchey OCR Pro double wall black 32 hole disc rim with CNC braking surface
Saddle: Boardman black with cro-moly rails
Seatpost: Carbon Boardman 350mm x 31.6mm black
Stem: Boardman black alloy 31.8mm
Tyre size: 28c
Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro 700x28c rigid black
Wheel Size: 700c
Cassette: 11-28T
Geometry: Performance/Sports/Fast Commute.
You can view the Boardman website for anything else and the size is set for 5’8’’ then give or take a few inches either way.
I think you will appreciate that what I am asking for it is reasonable – years of active service to be had.

IMAGE(http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/Jammo/Boardman1_zpse67cff09.jpg)

£600.00 Collection Weston Super Mare or Bristol TM.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

7 comments

smuggers [31 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Hello Trikeman..

I'm a newbie to this forum and I've been looking for a Boardman Hybrid Team or Pro in a small. I know these bikes are coming up to 2 years old now and the new range is due in March.. I visited my local Halfords up here in Blackburn and they were able to order me a Team in a small, which retails for £750.. Have called Halfords to put the Team on hold until March, so I can wait for any price decrease and also checkout the specs of the new range..The guy at Halfords in Blackburn, (Rob) is a cyclist and seems to really know his stuff...Have been very impressed with his knowledge..Had heard all about the negative talk about Halfords, Bikehut staff...But I knew within minutes of talking to this guy, that I'd be in good hands. Would be interested to hear about your experience with Halfords?

I really like your Pro though, it certainly does look in A1 condition..Can you tell me if it's a small frame? I'm 5ft 7", with a 30" inside leg.. You also say you have one yourself? Can you tell me if you've managed to fit full mudguards to the Pro and if you've toured on it? I know the chainstays are quite short and I would be looking to put a rack and panniers on it..  1

Smuggers..

trikeman [309 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi Smuggers,
Yep, I have exactly the same bike though a few months older. I have full mudguards and a rack on mine. I commute on mine 20 miles, each way, daily in all weathers and I have not had a moment's trouble with her, that's the reason I bought one for my Son though he changed jobs and after that it's not been used. I am 5'8'' and this is how my bike is set up. Be really careful with the rest of the range - not many of them can fit mudguards, no drillings on the front forks either.
Photo of mine, also Small - hope it helps.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

0 likes

Thanks Trikeman..

Are those chromoplastics, you've got on your Pro? I will have a good think about your Pro and get back in touch with you soon.. I have a nightshift to do later and need some kip before I ride in to work. Did Halfords grease the BB30 up before you took it home?

Thanks for your quick response Trikeman and your very helpful photo..You sound a similar size to me and the frame size seems perfect.

0 likes

Hi Smuggers,
the mudguards are SKS full thermo's with refelctive side strips (very visible at night).

Oh' NO' - I didn't let Halfords do ANYTHING to my bikes, though I did let them take them out of the box and carry out the PDI's (for the warentee's sake). You mention your local Halfords has a good mechanic, (should have him stuffed) my local ones don't.  1
I trust my 'spannering' enjoy riding and don't have to worry about anything flying off - but have seen them putting seats on kids bikes and it frightens me to death.
Anyway, good luck with your search.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

0 likes

Good Afternoon Trikeman..

Really like the bike but I'm unable to travel down to Bristol/Weston Super Mare.. Shame your not closer, because I would have been very interested. Just what I need to get back touring this year.. Only started cycling again, after a long period away from it..So am starting out from scratch again after selling all of my bikes, apart from an old Rockhopper..  2

Once a cyclist always a cyclist, yep? Oh, I would never let Halfords work on any of my bikes either..Was just wondering if you'd taken them up on the first free service. I went to another local Halfords branch, and I think they'd have given your local monkeys a run for their money!! Scary how little they knew really.

Cant see you having a problem selling the Pro though. Great condition and a very fair price.. Love yours even more though.  4 .Pretty much how I'd have mine.. Out of interest, what tyres do you have on yours? Am looking at something wider and with a bit more tread on..Will be riding on some pretty poor roads.

Again, thanks for your quick replies and best of luck in selling the Pro..

Smuggers..

0 likes

Hi Smuggers,
the tyres on this one are 700x28 Zaffiro's (the standard ones).
On mine I fitted 700x28 Continental GP 4 Seasons - excellent tyres, great grip - wet or dry - last ages, not had a p******e yet and really good ride.
Regards,

Trikeman.  3

0 likes

SOLD.
Regards,

Trikeman.  3