Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Di2 or EPS?

Building myself a new Pinarello and yet again the dilema of whether to chose Shimano or Campagnolo but this year it's even harder. Last year saw the release of Campagnolo's EPS system to compete with Shimano's Di2 and every person i have asked has not been able to decide.
So it'd be great if you could help me out by naming pro's and con's etc...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Alan Sugar has both apparently. He has commented that the Shimano worked well for 3,000 kms whilst the Campy needed servicing before it hit even a 1,000kms.

big mick replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Same old story there then  22

SevenHills | 11 years ago
0 likes

Do what i did and go mechanical - i got a full Dura Ace mechanical for the same price as Ultegra Di2.
If you really must go electronic i would go Di2 as it is a hell of a lot less expensive than EPS. You may have all of the comments about not having Campy on an Italian bike but at the risk of stereotyping i would trust Japanese electronics over Italian electronics. Just ask anyone who has had an Alfa or Fiat on the reliability of Italian electrics!

trikeman replied to SevenHills | 11 years ago
0 likes
SevenHills wrote:

Just ask anyone who has had an Alfa or Fiat on the reliability of Italian electrics!

21  21  21

I have tried the Di2 and to be really honest I much prefer the mechanical DA 7900. Couple of mates have the campy EPS's and they swear by them - but then I know lads with Di2 and they love them also.
Tough call - sorry I can't help any more, but for me it's mechanical every time.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

tomascjenkins | 11 years ago
0 likes

take it to Halfords?

Latest Comments