Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Staying up for Oprah interview

I'm on nightshift following the Cyclingnews live text update. Anyone else up watching?

I think regardless of it's impact on the sport it's a bit of a once in a lifetime story. 10 minutes to go!!!  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd love to see a transcript of the interview if anyone finds one.

djb123 replied to Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

I'd love to see a transcript of the interview if anyone finds one.

The beeb has one here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21065539

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

BBC Timeline if you want the important quotes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21033130

Part two focuses on Sponsors and Livestrong (Saturday 2am GMT)

I'd love to write a long piece here about my personal opinion but I need to got to bed... and get a proper job.

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

Part One has just finish, here is a little summary.

He took drugs before the cancer but was not ruthless.
The cancer gave him a 'All or nothing' attitude.
He then doped for all seven Tours, but denied taking anything in 2009/10
He took a cocktail of Testosterone (to compensate for his lowered levels [yep, blamed one nad]) Blood doping (it was his blood anyway) and EPO (which could not be tested for) all to 'Level the playing field.'
He always rode the tour clean and talked about scheduling; however he later in the interview admitted that the Cortazone test was positive and was a cover up by the team via a back dated prescription for saddle sores.
He did not name anyone outside USPS but suggested the majority of the tour was doping ('all bar 5 guys who are heroes.')
He suggests that first Landis then his comeback tipped the momentum of evidence towards the USADA report.
He admitted being a bully and automatically branding others liars to cover up.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm I can smell a bit of BS! 2005 not sure about that one, and did he really try to justify using Testosterone cos of his one nad!?!?

LondonCalling | 11 years ago
0 likes

He is saying now he deserves what's happening to him. No shit, Sherlock! That and worse!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm tuned in on Discovery, he's admitted everything so far, apart from doping after 2005

Latest Comments