Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paint Repair

OK - I had a bad day. My girlfriend was cleaning the flat, dusted down everything and reorganised stuff like a good nesting woman. I set up my turbo trainer is the living room as per normal, set the fan going to stop me exploding from the heat, cycled for all of 5 mins, before the fan wind caught a painting on our wall.

My cat like reflexes meant that I caught the painting which landed on me, but not the Crystal Whiskey decanter full of Dalmore, which landed on me, the coffee table and the bike.  20

The upshot is that not only do I not have great whiskey to drown my sorrows, but I also have a chip in my paintwork on the chainstay. Does anyone know where I can find someone to do a paint repair job on the chip (and potentially one or two other places). Would a French polisher do the job? (That Yellow Pages advert has stayed with me forever).

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can't recommend re a paint job but a couple of times I have patched up some chips using nail varnish. You can get loads of variations in colour so you could take your bike to Boots and get a proper match up  4

Colin Peyresourde | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure mouse trap works for this.

Latest Comments