Fancy joining me for a ride?

by Gkam84   January 10, 2013  

So far I have a couple of things pencilled in for 2013

Those being

24th Feb (45km Sportive) £10

28th April (Sprint Triathlon) £40

Thats as far as I have gotten into the year. I want to challenge myself slowly. I've gotten clearance for my recumbent in both. So am now looking for a "buddy" for each of them. I'm not looking for someone to ride my pace or anything, just someone to attend them with as my confidence levels are still no-where near where I'd like them to be.

I'm quite happy to split hotel/B&B costs and would be willing to do the £10 entry for the sportive in February if you want a nice little ride out.

One other thing....If I fill in entry forms, Can I used as my club? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

3 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

No-one doing either of these? Sad

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9291 posts]
12th January 2013 - 21:04

1 Like

Fraid not, there's a bit to much going on at home to travel to the rawlinson, I swim like an abandoned supermarket trolley, and my knees don't like running! Very best of luck though, I hope someone else is around.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice...

posted by notfastenough [3683 posts]
13th January 2013 - 0:29

I'm not sure about the sportive, but the triathlon will be done, trying to challenge myself without over doing it and building up for bigger things in the future as I adjust to being a recumbent rider.

Dont get me wrong, I love it more than anything, but its totally new being only a recumbent rider and need to build up to being able to do big rides again. So maybe by the middle/end of the year I can do the 50 mile events, then 2014 build up to longer ones and maybe some massive ones.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9291 posts]
13th January 2013 - 1:10