Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Foot pain

'Afternoon all,
I'm getting some mild pain but would like to sort it before it gets worse. Background:

I tried spinning classes for winter training, and all was well for the first few, but then I started getting shooting pains in my heel - felt like it started deep inside and shot to the surface of the ball on my heel. I had been wearing trainers for spinning, so figured that the flexible sole was doing me no good. I packed in the spinning and the pain has dropped to a mild sensation. However, just recently it has started to increase, just slightly at the moment. I've not been doing much in the way of off-bike work; just 1 or 2 rides and 1 or turbo sessions (total 3 sessions per week).

In order to address historical knee pain, I use Speedplay Zero pedals, Specialized road shoes (think they are 5.0 stiffness) and the green (maximum arch support) body geometry soles. I also use a pair of varus wedges and a paid of cleat wedges, all to compensate for approx 5-6 degrees of inward tilt on my soles. That's all been good since I started using it, I don't need a stiffer sole do I?

Appreciate this may not be best sorted via the internet, but any advice welcome!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

therevokid | 11 years ago
0 likes

isn't "inward tilt" valgus rather than varus ??

Kebab Meister | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is it the back of the heel or the front (arch of your foot)? It's not plantar fasciitis?

Latest Comments