Home

Hi Everyone, I realise that the time stages finish depends on TV schedules around the world (and, to a lesser extent, how fast the riders pedal...) but am wondering if anyone has any early info regarding what time Giro 2013 stages will be finishing?

4 comments

Marauder [268 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I might be wrong in saying this but for the 2012 Giro I noticed they normally estimate how long the stage take and start the race accordingly so that it finishes around 4-4:30PM GMT.

Could be different this year tho.

Simon_MacMichael [2443 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Tour Le Tour, you just got a tweet from the Giro itself!

(Forum posts are automatically tweeted on our Twitter account).

They said: "@roadcc time schedules of all the stages will be soon available on our official website http://www.giroditalia.it Stay tuned for updates!"

Marauder's correct though - stages in Grand Tours are generally calculated so the finish will fall into a particular TV slot, which doesn't tend to vary much.

So a shorter, flatter stage will start much later than a bumpy, longer stage, with estimated finish coming within a specific slot of half an hour or so.

robdaykin (not verified) [367 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

(Forum posts are automatically tweeted on our Twitter account).

Whooooah, since when? I don't recall seeing that info anywhere when I signed up. Is it in the site t&cs? Did I miss it? Does this apply to all comments or just the forum? Can I opt out?

Tour Le Tour [87 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Ah, that 4-4:30 GMT was what I was looking for, thanks. I will keep checking the official site for the time schedule as well though!