Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Finishing times for Giro stages

Hi Everyone, I realise that the time stages finish depends on TV schedules around the world (and, to a lesser extent, how fast the riders pedal...) but am wondering if anyone has any early info regarding what time Giro 2013 stages will be finishing?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Tour Le Tour | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, that 4-4:30 GMT was what I was looking for, thanks. I will keep checking the official site for the time schedule as well though!

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tour Le Tour, you just got a tweet from the Giro itself!

(Forum posts are automatically tweeted on our Twitter account).

They said: "@roadcc time schedules of all the stages will be soon available on our official website http://www.giroditalia.it Stay tuned for updates!"

Marauder's correct though - stages in Grand Tours are generally calculated so the finish will fall into a particular TV slot, which doesn't tend to vary much.

So a shorter, flatter stage will start much later than a bumpy, longer stage, with estimated finish coming within a specific slot of half an hour or so.

robdaykin (not verified) replied to Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

(Forum posts are automatically tweeted on our Twitter account).

Whooooah, since when? I don't recall seeing that info anywhere when I signed up. Is it in the site t&cs? Did I miss it? Does this apply to all comments or just the forum? Can I opt out?

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

I might be wrong in saying this but for the 2012 Giro I noticed they normally estimate how long the stage take and start the race accordingly so that it finishes around 4-4:30PM GMT.

Could be different this year tho.

Latest Comments