Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Game Suggestions

Things you may want to ask for.

1. Can you add sortable columns to the 'Rankings' page so you can click on the Rider 'Value' column and have the list sorted by rider value instead of its current sort by points scored?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

118 comments

Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

I get you because although at times you can do some silly things , I try to read each post subjectively with no preconceptions about who is posting .

This is something that seems to be severely lacking at times on these forums  45

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got a good idea. Why don't we all just enjoy the game?

dave atkinson replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Amen to that. but a lot of the features of the current game have been user suggestions, so it's not a waste of time thinking about these things. not much will be changing ahead of 2015 though

enrique replied to Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

I get you because...

You had me at 'I get you'... I think I'll go watch 'Jerry McGuire' now... I'll say it again... 'You're a good man, chiv'  41

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

That's a good idea... As soon as I cure my compulsive obsessive disorder, I'll get on it... Just kidding...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... a lot of the features of the current game have been user suggestions, so it's not a waste of time thinking about these things...

Amen to that, too...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... not much will be changing ahead of 2015 though

Dave, can the first order of business in 2015 be the 'Reset button'?  4 I would probably use it just about every day... It's very helpful for us 'scatter brained people' Just today, as soon as I hit 'Confirm,' I realized, 'Wait! Where's Danny Van Poppel?' but I had already selected poor old Thor 'cause I failed to see Van Poppel on the game start list  2

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

enrique mate, why, when you get an idea just jot it down on some paper and then when the suggestions post is reopened for next season give it your all and make your suggestions.

As Dave has said nothing is going to happen this season so any suggestions you make are going to get lost in the traffic so to speak.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, I'm not sure how this works but when you look at the Overall Competition scores you have the 'Show/hide purist teams' and 'Show/hide premium teams' buttons there. When I click on the 'Show/hide purist teams' I get to alternately see all (!) teams, including Purists, or just 'Non-Purist' (Standard?) teams... Is there a way you could adapt the button or add one to just (!) see the Purist teams so you can see how you're doing just against the Purist teams? I have to admit it may already be an available function and I may not know how it's done and am just completely lost...  39

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

That would be the "Overall purist" league, or if you prefer, the "Overall purist (non premium races)" league - just underneath the "Game leagues (overall)" bar - ie the next league down from where you clicked on "Overall table"

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

(!)

enrique replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

(!)

4 I knew you'd like it...

simon F wrote:

That would be the "Overall purist" league...

Gracias, caballo!  1

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, as the game progresses, it might be fun to offer different budgets for different people. Say you're new and wanted to play the 'Beginner' level... You could join a league with a budget of 180 for the Grand Tours... Say you've been playing for a few years and want to play with a very restricted budget that allows you no more than 3 GC riders for a tour, you could play 'Advanced' with a budget of 150, or so... Maybe specific leagues could set up their own budget?...  4 Maybe the prizes for the 'Beginner' level should just be socks (!)  3

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

enrique, it wont work mate, just look at how well some in their first season have done so far and how poorly others, like myself, who have been in a while are doing.

The game has enough variables in it without trying to create up more.

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have plans next season to have a forum's scorum's two tier league....possibly calling it pro tour and continental.....with promotion and relegation perhaps?

chiv30 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I have plans next season to have a forum's scorum's two tier league....possibly calling it pro tour and continental.....with promotion and relegation perhaps?

I like the idea but how will the pro tour teams be selected for next year ....ie players per league?

drheaton replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

I like the idea but how will the pro tour teams be selected for next year ....ie players per league?

Great idea, I'd say top 18 are in the pro tour (as per the real thing) although maybe throw out some wildcards for the GTs?

Then it could either be just the rest in the lower one or perhaps 30 in the pro-conti and the rest split geographically in UCI Asia/Europe/America leagues?

One thing I always wanted to try was a team of teams league, 9 players get together for a tour and their scores are used to work out how well their team did so for example the top scoring player would earn their team the stage win, the overall best player the GC etc etc BUT the big prize would be the team prize which would be calculated by taking the best three individual player scores per team per stage and combining them.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I'll be surprised if Spilak isn't THE most popular rider.....

Dave, God knows I'm annoying, and I'm wasting my time,  4 but wouldn't it be nice to see that type of info on a page without having to go click on his profile after the stage? Couldn't we have a page like the riders page where you could list or check the most popular riders per stage? Something like this below?...

In the first example I show only the Top 9 riders for each stage are 'checked' so you could see the 9 most popular riders for each stage of the race...  4

4 Note the amazing color coding of each stage:

BLUE - Time Trials and Medium Mountain Stages
RED - High Mountains
GREEN - Sprint Stages

39 You could also change the checkmarks for numbers. No. 1 would be the most Popular rider for that stage, No. 2 the 2nd, etc... You can see that in the second example... Alternatively you could show % of teams that had that rider or number (!) of teams that slected that rider for that stage...

. Of course,making the columns sortable by stage would be supremely cool, too (!)  4 And having the most popular riders for the whole competition, well, I would die (!) if that ever happened... ('Do it Dave, do it'!  1 'Just to get rid of enrique!') That (!) would take the cake! Yummy!  1

.What do you think?  4

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

You know?  39 I bet it would be pretty easy to add a column to the current (!) Dream Team pop-up that includes the % of teams that chose those riders in the just completed stage... Hmmm...  39 or maybe add a column to the riders page (http://fantasy.road.cc/riders) that showed % of teams that selected the rider for the last completed stage  39 And maybe add the current rider values to the values column that already exists?  4

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wouldn't it be cool to see a "Total Teams Entered' and a 'Teams Entered Today' Field for every competition?...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, can we have an option next year of having our first page to come up in the game be the rider selection page of the current competition?  39 I always go to the game first to make my transfers and after that I sometimes look at the standings... I have very feeble wrists and very little energy these days and all this clicking to get to the rider selection is very hard for me... It makes me tired... and then I make poor choices... And then I end up at the bottom of the Forum Scorum league... and then I get depressed...  1

0 likes

Enrique......I could suggest some unusual wrist strengthening exercises(although some say it makes you go blind!!).

And a Forum's Scorum's stage win in this years Giro(stage 9) suggests less feebleness than you claim......although 8 points in the FSUCI rankings for joint 36th means you are in danger of slipping into the Pro-Conti division next season when we split into 2 divisions in Forum's Scorum's.

My game suggestion........get Ramunas and Luca in for stage 2 of the Tour T'Yorkshire!!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

When was the last time Navardauskas scored anything. Oh...

ray silvester replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

201pts in the rolling calender year,although i'm sure he was youth points eligible for about half of it)....not bad.....and he's a good shout for yellow on stage 2 today?

And there was me thinking it would be Viviani the difference eh Joel?  105

Even if i did think it was Demare and not Ramunas at first.

VVV73 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

201pts in the rolling calender year,although i'm sure he was youth points eligible for about half of it)....not bad.....and he's a good shout for yellow on stage 2 today?

And there was me thinking it would be Viviani the difference eh Joel?  105

Even if i did think it was Demare and not Ramunas at first.

I must say, besides Viviani, the others were 3 very very nice picks, I was quite impressed when I read the H2H .. Tommy Slagter my outside tip today.
I hope you will continue to share thoughts with me Ray, much appreciated.

0 likes

Bit late for the deadline although I've been touting him all weekend.....I like Paolini for today'stage 2 and my team's looking OK with the likes of Haussler,Sagan and Ramunas also in the mix

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Bit late for the deadline although I've been touting him all weekend.....I like Paolini for today'stage 2 and my team's looking OK with the likes of Haussler,Sagan and Ramunas also in the mix

Tom Slagter? Ray.
I am a big fan of To0ms, he impressed the hell out of me, and every time he goes away , he comes back either faster(TDU,13') or tougher/stronger ( this year in Paris vasco, classics)

Yes I have Haussler in my teams too. I feel he has been quiet this year so far as IAM are targeting this race big time cause first year and want to consolidate a spot and Haussler has been primed to go bang. Look at the squad they bought , has to be their best if not.
I am very worried I forgot to bring Sagan in in standard. Tom Dumolin is my secret weapon in Purist too, I am hoping for something from him today too, Only went him and Sagan as sprinters there.

0 likes

Chava for IAM has a stage win in him somewhere too but he may well save his best for the French crowds and is not as good a value as HH?

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Chava for IAM has a stage win in him somewhere too but he may well save his best for the French crowds and is not as good a value as HH?

Yeah for sure, Chava is one of the toughest riders I ever seen, so many times I seen him go down think he is out of race, then next minute he is at front attacking , ripped jersey flapping in wind LOL absolutely love him.

VVV73 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

Yeah for sure, Chava is one of the toughest riders I ever seen, so many times I seen him go down think he is out of race, then next minute he is at front attacking , ripped jersey flapping in wind LOL absolutely love him.

P.s. ALL the IAM squad are peaking so hard atm. after the Suisse, I really like Brandle and bit less Hollenstien for future.

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave, can we have an option next year of having our first page to come up in the game be the rider selection page of the current competition?...

Dave, what I mean is this... Here I am... tired... dispirited... and I'm thinking about doing my transfers and then I realize I have to go sign in, land on the 'Home' page, to see my information for the whole year, which I'm not particularly interested in right now, then look up at the tabs to make sure I don't click on the women's comp, which will probably be there all season, then click on 'TDF'and then click again to 'Select Team', it's like a marathon... It takes almost as long to get to do my transfers as it does to read one of my posts!  1 Agh, I'm just a grumpy old man...  39

Pages

Latest Comments