Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Game Suggestions

Things you may want to ask for.

1. Can you add sortable columns to the 'Rankings' page so you can click on the Rider 'Value' column and have the list sorted by rider value instead of its current sort by points scored?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

118 comments

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gkam has just given you some really good advice...Why don't you show a little more maturity and stop aggravating people by digging up past posts and then quoting bits from them....

Friday nights are usually OK....On average I normally spend about six of these...Ever seen one...

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Now, now. I've had a day of this dealing with my Year 3/4 class. Please don't make me enforce the behaviour policy.

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Gkam has just given you some really good advice...

He is helpful, isn't he?  1 Thanks, Gkam!  4

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Friday nights are usually OK...

I'm really happy for you, Steve... It warms my heart!  1 Treat yourself to a couple more for me next time around!  1

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0frA_0MjW8

The lyrics remind me of us  20 ...

We used to like and respect each other... remember?...

No? Me neither!  4

Anyways, can I have a hug?...  2

enrique replied to obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick wrote:

Now, now. I've had a day of this dealing with my Year 3/4 class. Please don't make me enforce the behaviour policy.

I'll go stand in a corner...

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... my girlfriend is also a premium user...

Out of curiosity, Steve, is your girlfriend as avid a fan of this game as you are? And do you manage her account or does she make her own choices? What's her user ID? Is she playing the Tour? Is she beating you?...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's quite a lot to ask for and again, not what this game is.

I think you need to understand that this game cannot cater to all tastes and cannot please everyone. It is very successful as it is and there are plenty of alternatives that use different scoring methods.

In the past I've asked for things but have come to realise that each fantasy cycling game covers a different set of people and that no game can suit everyone. That's why at the start of the season I found a season long purist game that I like and started playing that.

Suggesting improvements to the game is fine but asking for a complete overhaul so that this game covers everything you want is going too far.

If you want to play a game with this set of rules then you should try and find one elsewhere or start one yourself (starting a spreadsheet and create a forum somewhere separate from road.cc is all you'd need to do). But I think you should stop asking for this kind of thing because it's clearly not in the best interests of the game to focus development time (which is very limited) on to branching the scoring system out to allow these kind of variations when there is minimal demand for it.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

DrH, its like banging your head against a brick wall when it comes to him. He will always add these little points in here and there and no amount of "advice" will make him change.

Heaven forbid he manages to find £10 in the next few months and becomes premium  20

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I disagree, I think enrique has made some solid suggestions that have made the game better in small ways.

What's great about this game and the forum community is that we get to suggest things and if it's a good suggestion it gets included in the game. I accidentally suggested the premium model and a few other things and these are now part of the game. Other people have suggested things, big and small, that have all helped to make the game what it is. One of the things that I like about this game more than others is the feeling that in some way I contributed to it and that it is mine in some small way. I think that other people feel the same too, especially those who've been around for a while.

Making suggestions is fine, asking for things is fine, the problem comes when your suggestion isn't used or your request isn't incorporated into the game and you don't let go. enrique, you've made some good suggestions and some bad ones. Unfortunately when Dave says no to a bad suggestion or when the forum people don't agree with you, you do not let it go!. This is incredibly frustrating.

All of these suggestions, getting rid of the most combative points, changing other points, having unlimited transfers for non-premium people etc etc are things you've asked for and that have not been approved or followed up on. They're also things that you continue to suggest again and again and again to no avail.

Have you ever heard of the term 'flogging a dead horse'?

These suggestions haven't been ignored, they've been considered fully by those involved and they've decided that they don't fit in with the game or where the guys running it want to take it. That's part of life, you just need to learn to let these suggestions go or, if you want to bring it up again, do it in the end of season thread I usually set up in September/October. That's the time to bring these things up, not weeks after suggesting them.

Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes

Increase the transfer penalty points to ex. 20. The current 10 points isn't "risky" enough.

" this space is reserved for enrique's comment:

"

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I disagree, I think enrique has made some solid suggestions that have made the game better in small ways...

Thank you!  1

drheaton wrote:

What's great about this game... is... we get to suggest things and if it's a good suggestion it gets included in the game...

Yeah!  1

drheaton wrote:

... I accidentally suggested the premium model... and [now it's]... part of the game...

I hate you.  1

drheaton wrote:

... One of the things that I like about this game... is the feeling that in some way I contributed to it and that it is mine...

No. It's mine!  1 But, yeah, I feel the same way...

drheaton wrote:

These suggestions haven't been ignored, they've been considered fully by those involved...

I know  2

drheaton wrote:

That's part of life, you just need to learn to let these suggestions go...

It's hard  20

Thanks!  1

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

DrH, sorry mate i should have made myself more clearer:

"Making suggestions is fine, asking for things is fine, the problem comes when your suggestion isn't used or your request isn't incorporated into the game and you don't let go. enrique, you've made some good suggestions and some bad ones. Unfortunately when Dave says no to a bad suggestion or when the forum people don't agree with you, you do not let it go!. This is incredibly frustrating."

Thats what i meant. No disrespect to Enrique he HAS made some good points its the flogging the dead horse bit i was on about.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sadly I cannot sit on the fence in this debate.... For fantasy cycling purposes I wish that Enrique did not exist... Endless non-sensical drivel repeated, repeated and then just for good cause repeated..
No doubt I will now get re-quoted, mis-quoted and have a pathetic snippit of a song attached....

I would just love a premium forum where the cyber stalker could not find me...

0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

...Sadly I cannot sit on the fence... No doubt I will now get re-quoted, mis-quoted and have a pathetic snippit of a song attached....

Sadly, You know me too well...

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KioGjStkzbo

By the way

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... my girlfriend is also a premium user...

How have I ever misquoted you?

And I'm still curious...

enrique wrote:

... is your girlfriend as avid a fan of this game as you are? And do you manage her account or does she make her own choices? What's her user ID? Is she playing the Tour? Is she beating you?...

Notwithstanding all the blabber above I do realize you are so much more of a better game player and person than I am and that I have serious issues...

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Fatty, out of curiousity, if the game switched to just finish line points, would you stick around?  1

enrique wrote:

Sometimes I get frustrated... I wish there was a game level, like the Purist leagues, where one could just pick the top 9 finishers, no budget constraints, no Star Rider/Domestique restrictions, no transfer limitations...  1

Dave, in your spare time could you cook up a spare page or two for a game with the same layout and (beautiful!) design the main game page has where you could play with no GC points, no PC points, no KM points, no Young Rider points, no breakaway points, no intermediate sprint points, etc... With unlimited transfers and an unlimited budget which just counted Finish Line Points, call it the Roadcc Lite Fantasy game and let us play that (?) for free?  1 I was inspired by this:

thefatcyclist wrote:

Hi guys, just a note to say i've abandoned the fantasy game. I... decided I can't do this anymore... 3. I have not gotten to grips with the key on a daily basis, picking the winner is now secondary to picking the breakaway guys.... So today is my last day, and i'm asking Dave to remove me from the game, because I can't bear to see me drop like a stone till season end. Unless i'm on page 1 no good for me...

And, of course, by my unquestionably ridiculous love of all things free, unlimited, unexpiring transfers and my obsession with this game! Thanks!  1

Wig_Billy replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Thank you!  1

Yeah!  1

I hate you.  1

No. It's mine!  1 But, yeah, I feel the same way...

I know  2

It's hard  20

Thanks!  1

Genius.  1

enrique replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Genius.  1

New Yorkers don't hug. But I do! You get a big hug today. From New York.... made my day.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

The number of sprint victories I get has disappeared from my dashboard twice in the past week, could you look into this please?

Thanks

dave atkinson replied to northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

The number of sprint victories I get has disappeared from my dashboard twice in the past week, could you look into this please?

Thanks

sure. have you got loads?

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

aha! you have 52 and i think i only did the numbers up to 50  1

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah that would explain it, thanks : )

0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave, in your spare time could you...

enrique wrote:

... put the Stage numbers [on the 'Stages' page]? Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3...

Help me, please! I get lost, I have to see the town where the stage started or finished to get my bearings straight every time I want to see the rider scores each day, I'm old and confused! Please! Put the Stage numbers in there, for the love of God, please!  20

ray silvester replied to northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Ah that would explain it, thanks : )

That's a rather convuluted way of letting us know how many sprint badges you've got northstar LOL

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

I know it's been suggested before, but could we have a 'Clear All Riders' button right beside the 'Reset These Transfers' button on the team rider selection page? It would be pretty cool especially now during the Classics, since we have unlimited transfers. Thanks!  1

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

... could we have a 'Clear All Riders' button right beside the 'Reset These Transfers' button on the team rider selection page? It would be pretty cool...

Can we also have the famous 'Reset Button' some day, so we can return to our original team from the last stage without incurring transfer penalties? That would take a lot of programming, wouldn't it?...  39

enrique replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

... enrique has made some solid suggestions that have made the game better...

drheaton wrote:

All of these suggestions... having unlimited transfers for non-premium people... are things you've asked for and that have not been approved or followed up on...

drheaton replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

drheaton wrote:

All of these suggestions... having unlimited transfers for non-premium people... are things you've asked for and that have not been approved or followed up on...

Hurray, you've proven that you can still quote people totally out of context, well done, aren't you clever.

For evenness sake here's the rest of what I said:

drheaton wrote:

I disagree, I think enrique has made some solid suggestions that have made the game better in small ways.

What's great about this game and the forum community is that we get to suggest things and if it's a good suggestion it gets included in the game. I accidentally suggested the premium model and a few other things and these are now part of the game. Other people have suggested things, big and small, that have all helped to make the game what it is. One of the things that I like about this game more than others is the feeling that in some way I contributed to it and that it is mine in some small way. I think that other people feel the same too, especially those who've been around for a while.

Making suggestions is fine, asking for things is fine, the problem comes when your suggestion isn't used or your request isn't incorporated into the game and you don't let go. enrique, you've made some good suggestions and some bad ones. Unfortunately when Dave says no to a bad suggestion or when the forum people don't agree with you, you do not let it go!. This is incredibly frustrating.

All of these suggestions, getting rid of the most combative points, changing other points, having unlimited transfers for non-premium people etc etc are things you've asked for and that have not been approved or followed up on. They're also things that you continue to suggest again and again and again to no avail.

These suggestions haven't been ignored, they've been considered fully by those involved and they've decided that they don't fit in with the game or where the guys running it want to take it. That's part of life, you just need to learn to let these suggestions go or, if you want to bring it up again, do it in the end of season thread I usually set up in September/October. That's the time to bring these things up, not weeks after suggesting them.

enrique, you're now almost back to where you were a couple of years ago when no one running the game even bothered to read your posts because you were an incessant pest. You turned it around but now you're back to your old ways and I'm done being patient with you.

Stop trolling the forums enrique.

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

drheaton wrote:

Hurray, you've proven that you can still quote people totally out of context, well done, aren't you clever.

For evenness sake here's the rest of what I said:

drheaton wrote:

enrique, you're now almost back to where you were a couple of years ago when no one running the game even bothered to read your posts because you were an incessant pest. You turned it around but now you're back to your old ways and I'm done being patient with you.

Stop trolling the forums enrique.

I'n all fairness I don't actually think you have that much patience.....
His above post is just indicating that some of his suggestions have been implemented , lately it seems everytime anyone posts anything you don't agree with you get overly aggressive and/or compare it to a post Enrique has made in the past.

As I've said he can be annoying at times but why would he want to change when your attitude around him and his posting is always so negative  39

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Patience is all relative, over the last few months I have had little patience I agree, over the last couple of years though I've had a huge amount of patience and that is now totally worn out.

For the last two years enrique has gone through cycles of being friendly and laid back only to ramp it up and be an incessant pain in the arse, he makes solid suggestions for minor changes to the game which are implemented then takes this as his chance to suggest huge overhauls of the game mechanics constantly. When these are refused for valid reasons hen then keeps suggesting them time after time for months on end.

Last July enrique was given a time out for his behaviour which seemed to improve things hugely, I even got a nice apology email, that all seems a long time ago now.

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Patience is all relative, over the last few months I have had little patience I agree, over the last couple of years though I've had a huge amount of patience and that is now totally worn out.

For the last two years enrique has gone through cycles of being friendly and laid back only to ramp it up and be an incessant pain in the arse, he makes solid suggestions for minor changes to the game which are implemented then takes this as his chance to suggest huge overhauls of the game mechanics constantly. When these are refused for valid reasons hen then keeps suggesting them time after time for months on end.

Last July enrique was given a time out for his behaviour which seemed to improve things hugely, I even got a nice apology email, that all seems a long time ago now.

That's all well and good but as I said you simply jumped on him in ur previous post for no reason , he wasn't banging on about anything just taking some pride in the fact that one of his major gripes with the game had been implemented , he even acknowledged the fact you had shown him some recognition.
I can't see how his post managed to get you so wound up, after all to quote yourself , you have spent time out from the forum because you didn't like the atmosphere,

I'n this instance it is you creating the atmosphere and nobody else so only yourself to blame, surely  7

Ref getting an email from him , at least he was man enough to do that and for that he should be credited because it seems that is a step further than road.cc admin are willing to go to to try to resolve any issues

Of course this is just my 2p worth

enrique replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

His... post is just indicating that some of his suggestions have been implemented... he was... just taking... pride in the fact that one of his [suggestions]... had been implemented, he even acknowledged the fact you had shown him some recognition...  39

You get me  1 Thank you.

drheaton wrote:

... I even got a nice apology email...

Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

... at least he was man enough to do that...

I remember well...

enrique wrote:

Dan, I'm sorry. I have wanted to get back on, but, obviously, haven't been able to. I, whether you believe it or not, never intended to rile you up. And I wrote more for other people than for you. Sometimes, frankly, I was amazed that you responded. I love bouncing ideas around, really, and try (try!) to reason all the time, research my answers, choose my words, etc...

Sometimes I'll have spent a good 15 minutes mulling over what I want to say before I write it. I felt pretty bad when you called me a troll. But I felt awful when you thought my idea was awful. I know I was simplistic, but I put a little thought into it! I'm sorry. I apologize. I miss the game. And I miss the forum. I want to come back. And just play. Just be around. No offense taken, no resentments. I just feel out of place without being able to play the game. Can we talk?... July 23, 2013

I'm very sentimental about these things...

Pages

Latest Comments