Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Game Questions

Just wanted to open a thread about the new game here.

1. What happened to the Rider page? Is the 'Ranking' page its permanent substitute? Will that page be the one where you'll find the roster for upcoming races?

2. It seems like the 'Ranking' page is listing a whole lot of riders with their values. How much can a Riders value change from race to race? For example, Andy Schleck is now worth 3.4 points. Could he go all the way up to his value of 37.8 last year by the start of the Tour?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave, any update on why the "Best score on a stage" is not updating correctly?
Thanks.
BTW, I've been playing cycling fantasy games for over a decade (Road.cc only since last year) and this one is easily my favorite!
Thanks again.

1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes

Correction: In the previous comment I was referring to "Best Score on a Stage" under MY PALMARES [I said "High stage score"]

1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave, I know you're looking into it, but I thought I would add something that I think is related to what some of you have been saying: none of my 200+ point stage scores this season have appeared in "High stage score" under MY PALMARES, until this 216-pt. stage in P-N. For instance, my 231-point stage from stg 4 of Algarve never showed up, but a 2012 189-point stage was there for a while. ?? The other palmares seem to be "all-time" results; shouldn't that also be the case with the Highest Stage Score?
Thanks!  20

dave atkinson replied to 1wrangler | 11 years ago
0 likes
1wrangler wrote:

Hi Dave, I know you're looking into it, but I thought I would add something that I think is related to what some of you have been saying: none of my 200+ point stage scores this season have appeared in "High stage score" under MY PALMARES, until this 216-pt. stage in P-N. For instance, my 231-point stage from stg 4 of Algarve never showed up, but a 2012 189-point stage was there for a while. ?? The other palmares seem to be "all-time" results; shouldn't that also be the case with the Highest Stage Score?
Thanks!  20

not sure about that'n

i'll kick the cogs

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

high scores should be doing what it did last year, but it's not working for some reason. i'll see if i can see why

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

high scores should be doing what it did last year, but it's not working for some reason. i'll see if i can see why

Thanks, Dave, looking forward to that!  1

Dave Atkinson wrote:

you can't access the league data for a competition once it's been archived. it gets removed from the game...

I think it'd be kind of fun to be able to look back at the league data. Why do you archive the data? To save space on the server?...  39

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I think it'd be kind of fun to be able to look back at the league data. Why do you archive the data? To save space on the server?...  39

yes

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Dave, when I clicked on the High Scores link on the 'My Team' page, I see this:

1 Rollende Apotheken sepporepi 255
1= Team Sky Blue NeilG83 255
4 cycleography netclectic 246
4= Fragonet Fragonet 246
4= Gmancervelo Gmancervelo 246
19= korfing Cyclists korf2911 242
39= The river 38 The river 38 238
39= les theieres volantes taustin789 238

Where do I click if I want to see the High Scores for the entire season? Thanks!

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

246!!! Stage podium, podium, full house, high roller and tour top ten badges plus forum scorum lead and up to 7th overall for PN!...

enrique wrote:

Wow! That was impressive, dr!... That's gotta be up there near the top of the High Scores for the season, right?  1

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... I'll see if i can see why

Dave, will you post here if you're able to make the fix? Thanks! I'd like to see the High Score table whene it's ready, thanks!  1

0 likes

you can't access the league data for a competition once it's been archived. it gets removed from the game and your results for the competition will appear on your competition archive.

so you can go back to the qatar pages with that link, but there isn't any league data there.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if the high scores are a separate competition this year as it was last year.

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

... enrique jumped to the front in Forum's Scorum's Paris-Nice by getting his best EVER stage score of 194pts to win Satge 1 in the entire game....

Dave, how do I compare my high score for Stage 1 in Paris Nice with the other high scores any other user has had for the season? Is there a page where I can see all the high scores for the season? I know there used to be, but I cant find it! When I click on Stage High Scores, I think I'm only seeing the high scores for today's stage, not the high scores for all the season...

(Thanks forthe props, ray!)

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dave, I was trying to see the overall rankings for the Tour of Qatar but I can't get through to them. I don't see tem under the Competitions section anymore. How would I see them? Thanks!

E.

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dave, when I click on the "Stage High Scores" section on the "My Team" page, I end up seeing the high scores for the latest stage. There used to be a page where I could see the highest stage scores for the entire season on one page. Is there a way to get to that page? Is it available?

Also, when I click on the "This competition:
Tour of Qatar" section, the << and >> arrows to take you to the beginning or last pages seem to be missing. I think last year they were there and they helped navigate quicker to the beginning of rankings...

Thanks!

enrique replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave, I was trying to see the overall rankings for the Tour of Qatar but I can't get through to them. I don't see tem under the Competitions section anymore. How would I see them? Thanks!

Dave, I still can't find a way to see the Qatar overall results, can you help me out?

enrique wrote:

Dave... There used to be a page where I could see the highest stage scores for the entire season on one page. Is there a way to get to that page? Is it available?

And I still don't know how to get to this page either...

And...

enrique wrote:

Also, when I click on the "This competition:" section, the << and >> arrows that take you to the beginning or last pages of the competition results are not there. Last year they were there and they helped navigate quicker to the beginning of rankings...

0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave, I still can't find a way to see the Qatar overall results, can you help me out?

Dave, I noticed that to go to a particular competition, the address is something like this:

http://fantasy.road.cc/gotocomp?cid=45

Do you, or does anyone. know the competition code so I can see the overall results for Qatar?

On another note, does anyone know how to see the stage high scores for the whole season? Thanks!  1

Noriko replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
0 likes
Noriko wrote:

http://fantasy.road.cc/gotocomp?cid=02

That was easy! Thanks, nori! Appreciate it!

Now, can someone help me with this one?

enrique wrote:

...does anyone know how to see the stage high scores for the whole season? Thanks!  1

It used to be really easy last year. You just clicked on
the 'High Scores' link and you saw a list of the highest scores users had gotten soreted form highest to lowest and it would tell you what stage it was obtained in and if I'm right it also told you what riders were on the team the day that score was obtained.

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

By the way, I miss something from last year's Pick A Team page. Rider values would be grayed out if their value was above the amount left on your budget. You could avoid going over budget because anyone above what was left on your budget was not available to be selected. Can that be done this year, too?

On another note, I miss that functionality this year... Any chance we might get it back? Thanks!  1

Thor Beverley | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thank you TERatcliffe!

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I believe both your purist and non-purist teams should appear in what you call your regular league. and in your purist league only your purist teams should be present, if you selected the purist only option when creating that league.

Thor Beverley | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've creates two league for myself and my work colleagues - one which is for the 'regular' league and one for the purist league. Is this the right way to go about things?
It looks like both my teams (purist and non-purist) are in both leagues. Should I have just created one league and the 'regular' and the purist team will be automatically assigned to their correct league? If this is the case how do I delete the second league? Thanks!

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah good. Its nice to be able to narrow down the form. Blast I've blown my startergy..  39

0 likes

currently it contains all the riders from the teams that are competing. when the tour starts it'll just be the riders who are riding.

0 likes
enrique wrote:

1. What happened to the Rider page?

Dave Atkinson wrote:

currently it contains all the riders from the teams that are competing. when the tour starts it'll just be the riders who are riding.

It'd be kind of cool to see just the riders that are starting the Tour Down Under in one page. Could you have the page just show these riders a couple of days before the race starts instead of waiting for the competititon to start?  1 Thanks!  1

0 likes
enrique wrote:

1. What happened to the Rider page? Is the 'Ranking' page its permanent substitute? Will that page be the one where you'll find the roster for upcoming races?

Dave Atkinson wrote:

Dave, will we ever get the 'Ranking' page to list just the riders that are riding the current competition?

If not, can we have a start list page like we did last year? With the rider values and a date stamp, saying something like "Last Updated Februray 3 2011 8:46pm"? It's be easier than checking the Automatic Roster thread and while I appreciate the "Fantasy Cycling: the automatic roster changes forum thread", it's too long...  2

Please?...

letsgoup replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave, will we ever get the 'Ranking' page to list just the riders that are riding the current competition?

I'm with you here enrique  16

0 likes
enrique wrote:

... can we have a start list page like we did last year? With the rider values... Please?...

Dave? Please? I really miss having all the riders in one place without having to go from page to page on the 'Pick Team' section to see what all the riders are worth or go to a start list on another site... All the riders should be in the game already... Please?... Sorry to beg so much!

0 likes
enrique wrote:

... can we have a start list page like we did last year? With the rider values...

Dave, how hard is it to load a page with all the starters for a competition after the riders have been uploaded into the game? Is it difficult because they change so much or is it just too time-consuming? I really miss having that start list with all the riders and their values in one place... I thought the Rankings page would be like that but it continues to list absolutely every rider whose value has been calculated for the game  1 Please?....

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

On the question of rider rankings. The list looks like it contains all the riders (500 plus). But the heading says it should only display the riders in this competition (Tour Down Under at present) which should only be around 180 riders or so.  7

Pages

Latest Comments