Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

The Ultimate Climb?

Has anyone done the Muro di Sormano climb?

It's on my bucket list, but I'm not sure if it will live up to the expectations created in this video!

Muro di Sormano from Jered Gruber on Vimeo.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was included in the 2012 Lombardia after being left out of the route for a long time - road.cc says it's 50 years. But is there such a thing as an "ultimate" climb?

Edit: the paint is a bit to prominent for me, a bit "in yer face", as they say. I'd have preferred a less blocky, more cursive or lighter style. It reminds me of the Nike chalkbot and thoughts of the corporate takeover of the tradition of fans painting on the roads.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, have a look at the Cyclist Mag. It's got cool road markings showing every metre of ascent.

Definitely want.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just read about it in the latest issue of cyclist mag.

Sounds good to me!

BenMWilliamson | 11 years ago
0 likes

I haven't done it but the video definately builts up the expectation likeyou said.
It looks a beautiful ride to be honest in stuning scenery so it can't be too bad...
Do you know where abouts it is?

Bedfordshire Clanger replied to BenMWilliamson | 11 years ago
0 likes

Italy, near Lake Como and the cycling shrine and museum at the top of the Ghisallo. It's sometimes included in Il Lombardia, the Tour of Lombardy, the traditional season's end classic.

Latest Comments