Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The Rawlinson Bracket Winter Sportive 24/02/13

The Rawlinson Bracket ride is a hilly ride in the ‘Wilds of Warwickshire’ taking in the gradients of the Edge Hill escarpment. This ride marks a year since a close friend of ours, Nick, passed away in his sleep on the 24th of February 2012, aged 30.

This event has two objectives - the first is to raise funds for research into, and awareness of, Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS), the second is to allow you to experience the type of riding that Nick enjoyed with a passion.

Nick was a local lad, born and bred in Kenilworth and worked at JLR. Nick loved cycling, especially the suffering aspect. The Hilly Route goes over some of Nick’s favourite local climbs and training routes. He was using these roads in preparation for the Maratona dles Dolomites in July 2012 and his first season of road racing. He was a keen Strava member and follower of ‘The Rules’ especially rule#9. He was also the owner of one of the noisiest bikes I’ve ever come across, after several weeks and new components later it turned out that the bottom bracket was the final piece of the jigsaw which is why this event is called The Rawlinson Bracket.

ALL PROFITS FROM THIS EVENT WILL GO TO THE SADS UK CHARITY (http://sadsuk.org.uk).

If you would to join us please go to http://www.the-rawlinson-bracket.co.uk/ for entry and route details.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

CycleNut | 11 years ago
0 likes

Website updated! Please let me know if you find any issues. I'll be adding the profile for The Bottom Bracket (45km) route soon once I've worked how to zoom out to the same scale as The Top Bracket.

CycleNut | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm onto it. The current home page layout is temporary whilst our pro web-slinger does his magic (should be done by end of next week), in the meantime I will attempt to preserve my neophyte web master status by sorting out the niggly issues and updating the sites with more content. I hope to have added several updates by the end of play today which should include -
Photos of the routes
Updates for recumbent and under 18 riders.
Upload slight revision to Top Bracket route.
Add course profiles.

If you spot anything else please let me know.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

They don't work like they should. Its just a little coding error  3

So for the Velo rules, it opens like this

http://www.the-rawlinson-bracket.co.uk/www.velominati.com

Where it should be this

www.velominati.com

They are opening as if they are pages on the site and not external likes....Simple fix if needed, give me a shout

malcolmclayton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is it just me or do some of the links not work on the website...?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Incase people miss it on twitter.

I am up for doing the shorter 45km one, if anyone in the area would be riding it or the longer one and willing to put me up for the night/share a hotel room?

It could be Trifosa's first sportive, if recumbents are ok with British Cycling's rules  39  39

Alan Gordon | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks good, I'll be signing up soon.

Latest Comments