Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Helmet debate ? (not what you think)

Ha Ha - only joking. Just thought i would get peoples blood pumping ready for the new season  4

Actually what i wanted to mention was that in recent weeks there has been a lot of stories about the new Police commissioners tasking the Police with stupid initiatives. I believe each commissioner has set up a survey about what you want them to do which runs till 310113.

Its basically got a load of questions about crime and road traffic issues etc etc etc and you can make your views known through the surveys.

Worth a look and vent your spleen so that they are aware. Already done mine  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Mmm not good, the impression was they all had to do one. Typical beaurocratic crap.

Sorry folks, thought it was a good way to express our concerns over the lack of road safety campaigns in our favour.  45

SideBurn replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Mmm not good, the impression was they all had to do one. Typical beaurocratic crap.

Sorry folks, thought it was a good way to express our concerns over the lack of road safety campaigns in our favour.  45

Thanks for the heads up, I often read about the results of 'surveys' but rarely seem to get a chance to contribute. Will keep an eye on my shifty looking f.. I mean, fine upstanding member of the community. And attempt to stop him following his own agenda..

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Found the commissioner's page for GMP, complete with an email address  39  1 but no sign of a survey?

http://www.gmp.police.uk/Live/Nhoodv3.nsf/section.html?readform&s=10CB42...

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

No sign of a survey on my site; mine, Tony Hogg is probably still hung over from the party he must have thrown when he got the job! It has got to be easy money

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd like to talk in favour of the [Bike] mounted Police force.

I've seen them training early in the morning at Regent's Park, and they're really friendly, giving me lots of information and leaflets about bike marking etc.

They also said that if I ever got a mechanical and they were around, they would get their mechanic's van over in a jiffy.

Haven't heard much about them in the whole cycle safety debate.  39

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think if you click onto the relevant force for your area it will have a lead to the commissioner and once there it should open up a survey.

Been told they have all agreed to this.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

What I find interesting is that the Police are always "listening" to the local community about cycling on pavements, cyclists without lights, red light jumping etc. but as any of us who regularly cycle on the roads will confirm, on pretty much every journey, I encounter bad driving. Where is the crackdown on this?

Has there ever been a Police crackdown on anti-social behaviour against cyclists?

The Rumpo Kid | 11 years ago
0 likes

London doesn't have an elected Police Commissioner. The Court of Common Council (me neither) handles the role for the City Police, and the Mayor of London is responsible for the rest of the Metropolitan area.

cidermart | 11 years ago
0 likes

Can't seem to find one for the Met either?

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I nearly didn't click on this topic!

Not sure if there is a survey for GMP, can't see one.

Latest Comments