F/S - UPDATED/CHANGE!!! Surprise Sale of one hell of a gorgeous bike for the sportive season.

by trikeman   January 5, 2013  

Hi All,
In my quest for getting my aging body a titanium bike (I have always wanted one) I may well be (sadly) selling my just completed, very high spec, Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert.
Crying
"The Specialized Roubaix Expert SL3 Road Bike featuring the new FACT IS 10r carbon SL3 frame, weighing in at just over 1000 grams with incredible torsional stiffness, and Zertz seatstay inserts, making it the fastest, most compliant endurance bike available".

This bike cannot be bought off the shelf with this level of spec, however there’s no way I can justify buying my titanium bike whilst still owning this Roubaix.
I would like to offer it to the members of this forum first before being advertised elsewhere – It goes without saying that this bike cost me substantially more than I am selling it for, but alas.
It has been several minutes in a turbo to be set up after build and has been on a road test – that’s it – not a mark on it.
Someone will get one hell of a bike (bargain) ready for the 2013 sportive season – has to be one of the best sportive bikes available. ‘This one doesn’t have an electric motor on it either’ – Cancellara rode the SL3 without a motor – he just flew the SL3 across the cobbles.
Specification.
Specialized Roubaix SL3 – Medium 54cm x 54.8cm (set for 5’8’’ in photo) in Blue, White and Black (arguably the best colour scheme).
Dura Ace 7900 shifters and cables.
Dura Ace 7900 50x34 Compact crankset.
Dura Ace 7900 Front mech.
Dura Ace 7900 Rear mech.
Dura Ace 7900 Front and Rear brakeset.
Token blue chain-catcher set.
Specialized 27.2 Zert Roubaix Seatpost.
Specialized Roubaix seatpost clamp.
Twin Elite bottle cages.
Specialized Toupe’ saddle 143mm.
Specialized Multi-zone stem.
Carbon stem shims.
Specialized 42cm Roubaix handlebars.
Specialized S-Works wide bar tape (really comfy).
KMC hollow-pin ultra-light chain.
Shimano Ultegra 12-28 cassette.
Kinetic K2 Aero-lite aero wheelset (1500grms).
Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 700x23 tyres.
16lbs all-up.
I appreciate that I will never recoup the cost of this build, half hour on google will show you how much it cost to build, but please no silly offers, in is not a sale of desperation. Unfortunately, if it doesn’t reach what I would like for it, then it doesn’t sell – it will just take me a little longer to save for the titanium jobby. CS200 computer not with sale, but may leave the Keo's if required.
I can send more photos of whatever is required to genuine potential buyers, just send me your email address by PM.
ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.

£2400 collection only (or meet) but unable to send due to value.
Kind Regards,

Trikeman. Yawn

8 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Bloody Hell that is good value.

Are you really selling at a loss or is that a marketing technique?

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to keep the whole fleet, it's always a shame to pet your pride and joy go.

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
5th January 2013 - 16:08

like this
Like (1)

Hi Raleigh,
I daren't go through the numbers again, I'd end up throwing myself off the Severn bridge here. Just totalling up the DA kit (though I bought parts as I could afford them) is in treble figures, let alone the frameset, wheels etc etc etc. I dare not, but certainly not a marketing technique for sure.
Crying Crying
Anyway, I am definite on getting my 'dream' titanium all-rounder. I really like the Enigma Etape as it covers all the bases for me.
Just hoping I am doing the right thing though - I bet I will really regret it when (if) a new owner does indeed ride off on it.

Her indoors said,,,,,,, well, you really don't wan't to know, but suffice to say myself and the dog retired to the 'garage of many bits' a bit rapid - that's where we're hiding now.
Laughing

Regards

Trikeman. Sad

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

posted by trikeman [348 posts]
5th January 2013 - 16:40

like this
Like (1)

Would you fetch more if you split it? I know you have sentimental ties to it, but you may be more attatched to the Ti beastie.

Are you having Di2? Otherwise couldn't you just swap out the frames?

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
5th January 2013 - 16:48

like this
Like (0)

Hi Raleigh,
I really don't want to strip the Roubaix to be honest. I suppose there could be more money in selling the parts, but it's not something I would like to do with a bike like this - I would prefer someone gets out of it what I initially planned.

I will leave it for sale for a little while here, then advertise it in the usual haunts if it's not required here.

No not Di2, not enamered by that, prefer mechanicals etc.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

5th January 2013 - 17:17

like this
Like (1)

I don't understand why you're selling it though?

Are you expecting a Ti bike to give you a more forgiving ride, or is it that you just really want one made of titanium?

posted by thereandbackagain [152 posts]
5th January 2013 - 19:18

like this
Like (1)

At the moment I average 200-220 miles a week on my commute (in all weathers) which necesitates full mudguards and a rear rack. This I use my hybrid for unless it's dry 'for sure' then I use my Tarmac. On the weekends I try to do some distances, where I can, and sometimes do sportives (which the Roubaix was for)and a potential Bristol - Barcelona trip to coincide with the tour this year.

However, I just have too many bikes now - one for this, one for that, I want one just for my commuteing (with all it's requirements) the same one for good sportives and the distance riding I do, comfy yes, light, fast and with a sportive feel and geometry.

After riding several Ti's my mind was made up. The Enigma Etape (which is favourite so far and very comfy) will fill just about all the above - and as a bonus, not look too 'here I am - nick me' in Bristol.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

5th January 2013 - 21:23

like this
Like (1)

After a very long think - If the whole bike is not going to sell (someone is missing out on an absolutely gorgeous high spec bike) I will carfully dismantle the Roubaix and part with the frame - I will be keeping all the kit for my new Enigma Etape frame though.

So here it is - an absolutely stunning Specialized Roubaix full frameset inc, 54cm Medium frame, forks, headset, special stem, cone, carbon spacers, zert equipped seatpost and clamp.
I am asking £1100 for this little lot - however, I am open to SENSIBLE offers by PM.

Oh' the agony of it all Crying

Hope it can help someone out - throw away your aging frame and end up with this,,,,, Nice. Big Grin

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

trikeman's picture

7th January 2013 - 14:05

like this
Like (1)

I had been thinking that this would be the best approach from your point of view.

Shame, the frame is a little small for me unfortunately.

Go on, tell what your wife's reaction was that made you and the dog go and hide in the garage! Big Grin

If I could have, say, 6 bikes, would it stop me drooling over others that I don't have?

posted by notfastenough [2940 posts]
7th January 2013 - 14:23

like this
Like (1)