Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Doctor in the house, chest pains!

Background, late 30's never smoked or drank to excess, about a pint of beer or glass of wine a week. Relatively healthy diet. Riding for over 25 years.

Over the few month months I've been using a HRM to help on turbo trainer. Min seems around the 65 mark and max is 180. I've been aiming to ride as long as possible at 140-160. Over the last week or so I've had a chest pain afterwards, just left of centre.

Anything I should be worried about or am I'm just over doing it?

Steve.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers guys.

Looks like a trip to the docs.:"(

Kapelmuur | 11 years ago
0 likes

I thought I had angina and so did my doctor, I was sent to hospital for tests and it turned out to be acid reflux which has been cured by a pill a day.

Hope your problem is solved as easily.

OldnSlo | 11 years ago
0 likes

you may have virus that's causing this, but that's guesswork when it comes to chest pains - don't rely on guess work go to a&e or your gp.

The Rumpo Kid | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agee with (nearly) all the above. It's probably nothing serious but get down to your GP rather than seeking advice online.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

My expert opinion is to go and get an expert opinion.

Don't take medical advice from faceless people over the internet.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Drink more beer and wine. This is obviously at the root of the problem  3

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

+1. You don't want to be getting it diagnosed on an internet forum, it may well be nothing to worry about but get to the GP and put your mind at rest pronto.

jimmo62 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go see a doctor asap before any further exertion.

Latest Comments