Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin 510 & 810...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

rockfield | 11 years ago
0 likes

I like the small size of my 500 and wouldnt want anything bigger. Not super impressed by it to be honest, the GPS tracking doesnt seem particularly accurate, and trying to follow a course on it is a waste of time as if its not freezing up, the unit is warning me that I'm off course when I'm not. Luckily I didnt pay for it so I'm happy to use it for HR data and a rough record of where I went! maybe Garmin can get the firmware right for the 510?

lob | 11 years ago
0 likes

There will be a new range launched this month. Has to happen as i've just got an Edge 800...  22

In all seriousness, I'm impressed so far, just need to see why the cadence sensor didn't work on my ride yesterday. Like Garmin Connect also.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well I have a forerunner 310XT and I WILL be upgrading to the 510 which looks well nice or at least sidegrading to the edge 500.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, well 'appy with my 500.

Wonder how many pros will upgrade, as they like the current 500 due to its small screen size. The new body looks about 15% bigger but the screen roughly the same size.

therevokid | 11 years ago
0 likes

hhhmmm swish ... but as per spooks ... I'm staying with
my 800 (i think :D)

Spooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Love my 800 and looking at the design looks similar, features maybe a lot different with a Bluetooth symbol shown and what looks like a differing GUI. Will await the official launch but won't be upgrading no matter how cool it is  3

Latest Comments