Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What are your plans for 2013 ......

This time last year I said I was going to cycle 8000 miles. Im afraid I was just a little short of that total at 7238 miles though I think it was a good attempt.

Not sure what goal im going for yet as this will be a year of change for me work wise and possibly not the usual 23 miles to work and back.

Ill make a conservative estimate of 6500 miles but will be looking to do more.

Has anyone else got plans for 2013  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

53 comments

formereve replied to Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes
Yorkshie Whippet wrote:

Paris-Roubaix Challenge again as they've changed the route and offer a 170km with 29 pave sectors. Would like to ride the World Champs routes but not seen anything yet. Tour de France routes around Leeds. Move towards more than 50 miles a ride.

Evans Ride It, Leeds
Captain Cook chall, (if it's on)
King of the Downs
King of Pennines
Ryedale Rumble
Complete the Mills and Hills this year.

And to be happy riding what I have and stop buying new stuff.

Already setting goals for 2014, Tour of Flanders, Etape de Tour around Leeds  1

Respect for all that YW. Wish I had the time to do all that but havnt at the mo. Wheres the Mills & Hills ride. Sounds distinctly Yorkshireish!!

Yorkshie Whippet replied to formereve | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nige,

Mill and Hills is from Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire. It's actually called Mills Hills. But that just sounds wrong. Wore the wrong gear. Spent most of the route either overheating or shivering, often it felt at the same time.

Cheers

formereve replied to Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes
Yorkshie Whippet wrote:

Nige,

Mill and Hills is from Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire. It's actually called Mills Hills. But that just sounds wrong. Wore the wrong gear. Spent most of the route either overheating or shivering, often it felt at the same time.

Cheers

Heard of Hebden Bridge and think its near Dewsbury am I right. Yea its nasty when youve got the wrong clothing on. Enjoy the ride mate

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

aiming to do the brevet cymru 400k audax in may. although i'll need to not be as fat and lazy as i am right now  39

formereve replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

aiming to do the brevet cymru 400k audax in may. although i'll need to not be as fat and lazy as i am right now  39

Like ya style Dave Jus the word cymru puts fear in me legs!! Kudos for havin a go at a 400k. Thats tough.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Train hard and smart and hopefully follow it up with enough results to get to Cat 2.

formereve replied to Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

Train hard and smart and hopefully follow it up with enough results to get to Cat 2.

Nice One Squig

Spooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Geez respect to OP on mileage, I have a plan of a mere 3000miles for this year in comparison. Wanna do a night time coast to coast and potentially join a club as well as a few sportives.

formereve replied to Spooks | 11 years ago
0 likes
Spooks wrote:

Geez respect to OP on mileage, I have a plan of a mere 3000miles for this year in comparison. Wanna do a night time coast to coast and potentially join a club as well as a few sportives.

Which C to C are ya thinking of doing. Id like to have a go at the Way of the Roses from Morecombe to Bridlington at 170 miles. Too far for a nighttime ride? Dunno. Respect to you for whichever way ya go at it Spooks

stepho | 11 years ago
0 likes

Doing my first sportive (kendal) in may then my first Ton. Looking forward to a great summer of cycling

formereve replied to stepho | 11 years ago
0 likes
stepho wrote:

Doing my first sportive (kendal) in may then my first Ton. Looking forward to a great summer of cycling

Its great when ya get 1st ton in stepho. Great stepping stone to bigger rides.

Mooman16 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Planning to do make more time for racing (4th cat) and time trialling this year. Up to now it has been mostly sportives.

formereve replied to Mooman16 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Mooman16 wrote:

Planning to do make more time for racing (4th cat) and time trialling this year. Up to now it has been mostly sportives.

Hope yer right up there with the fast lads  1

andybnk | 11 years ago
0 likes

I plan to start racing as a 4th cat! Have been building up to it for a year and hopefully am getting fast enough to keep up!

formereve replied to andybnk | 11 years ago
0 likes
andybnk wrote:

I plan to start racing as a 4th cat! Have been building up to it for a year and hopefully am getting fast enough to keep up!

Hope ya do andy

paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Get used to clipless pedals and join a club.

formereve replied to paulfg42 | 11 years ago
0 likes
paulfg42 wrote:

Get used to clipless pedals and join a club.

Nice steady goal mate. If yer a member of CTC there site has loads of clubs over the country same as BC if ya a member of them

lob | 11 years ago
0 likes

4 day charity ride in May, do my first sportives to help prep for this, ride or use turbo a few times a week. Don't commute on bike so somewhere around 4000 miles will be an excellent target to reach and far higher than what I did last year (only got bike in Feb).

Hope to get 'cross bike later in year to use as winter trainer too.

formereve replied to lob | 11 years ago
0 likes
lob wrote:

4 day charity ride in May, do my first sportives to help prep for this, ride or use turbo a few times a week. Don't commute on bike so somewhere around 4000 miles will be an excellent target to reach and far higher than what I did last year (only got bike in Feb).

Hope to get 'cross bike later in year to use as winter trainer too.

Thats a good target to reach lob and good luck with yer ride from London to Brussels in May. Enjoy yer training!!

malmesburyclarioncc | 11 years ago
0 likes

Like every year I will try to average 100 miles a week whilst always hoping to reach 6000. It's odd really, I used to manage that sort of mileage when I worked and I only do the same amount now I'm retired. I have no excuse not to do more.

formereve replied to malmesburyclarioncc | 11 years ago
0 likes
malmesburyclarioncc wrote:

Like every year I will try to average 100 miles a week whilst always hoping to reach 6000. It's odd really, I used to manage that sort of mileage when I worked and I only do the same amount now I'm retired. I have no excuse not to do more.

Have fun gettin the mileage in buddy  1

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

My plan is a gold medal from the Dartmoor Classic.... again... same as last year. So far have tales of woe, bad luck and two bronze and two silver medals. So far I have snapped a chain one year snapped seat post another started too fast another and had to wait for my son who also snapped a chain. I do not usually have any problems but this ride has become a real pain. This is my year  16

formereve replied to SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes
SideBurn wrote:

My plan is a gold medal from the Dartmoor Classic.... again... same as last year. So far have tales of woe, bad luck and two bronze and two silver medals. So far I have snapped a chain one year snapped seat post another started too fast another and had to wait for my son who also snapped a chain. I do not usually have any problems but this ride has become a real pain. This is my year  16

Nice one mate. Im having a go at a route in the derbyshire hills later this year at this address

http://bit.ly/hathersageloop

Have fun on yours

Pages

Latest Comments