A very HNY and what's planned for today?

by trikeman   January 1, 2013  

Hi All,
firstly Happy New Year to you - lets hope it's a good one, aye? Big Grin

For a change it is absolutely georgeous here today so going out for a good old ride - clear, not a cloud, little wind and just a little chilly - fantastic.

Anybody else going out this morning/afternoon?

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

16 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I'm off to Herne Hill to go and race me some 'Cross. Literally couldn't be happier with that ^.^

posted by Linkinbassist [31 posts]
1st January 2013 - 9:39

like this
Like (0)

Just finishing breakfast then I'm out for a couple of hours on the bling bike Big Grin

stuke's picture

posted by stuke [241 posts]
1st January 2013 - 9:39

like this
Like (0)

Happy New Year to everyone Smile

I'm out on the bike this morning for the first time in a while. This year for me is all about building on the mileage covered in 2012 as I'm planning a massive European ride in 2014.

Have a good day everyone as it's perfect weather to get out there today! Applause

posted by Dread66 [8 posts]
1st January 2013 - 10:02

like this
Like (0)

Having a day off after my 19 hour week from Monday to Monday.

Shame because it's the first good weather Ive had for about two weeks.

Going to celebrate 2k13 by ordering me some SRAM Force.

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1700 posts]
1st January 2013 - 10:06

like this
Like (0)

I'm off moonlighting.... 16 mile run. But it is along the North Devon coast path Cool Anyone got plans or objectives for this year, new years resolutions etc?

posted by SideBurn [682 posts]
1st January 2013 - 10:10

like this
Like (0)

Wow, respect to you there SideBurn - I walked that (twice) last year with the dogs and what cracking walks they were - very up and down, steep too. Went from Lee to Woolacombe, back to Ilfracombe and back to Lee.
Some stunning scenary.
Enjoy.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

Grunt, puff, pant and groan goes the old man - but he gets there in the end. ;o)

trikeman's picture

posted by trikeman [346 posts]
1st January 2013 - 10:17

like this
Like (0)

trikeman wrote:
Wow, respect to you there SideBurn - I walked that (twice) last year with the dogs and what cracking walks they were - very up and down, steep too. Went from Lee to Woolacombe, back to Ilfracombe and back to Lee.
Some stunning scenary.
Enjoy.

Regards,

Trikeman. Wink

I am doing the Ilfracombe - Woolacombe leg. Morte Point is always amazing Cool

posted by SideBurn [682 posts]
1st January 2013 - 10:20

like this
Like (0)

Still no riding for me. Not much improvement either. I can't believe my last ride of 2012 was in Nov.
Gutted.
I look forward to my first ride of 2013.

posted by Super Domestique [1416 posts]
1st January 2013 - 12:18

like this
Like (0)

Went out first thing and it was lovely. Dry with the sun coming up and clear roads.

posted by Saint Mikie 41 [29 posts]
1st January 2013 - 12:40

like this
Like (0)

Happy New Year everyone. Woke up saw the weather and bailed out. And yes rule #5 took a back seat on this occassion. Headed out for brunch with some mates and the clouds roll away and now cracking blue skies. A tad miffed if I may say. Other arrangements I can't break free from this afternoon. Ah well. Suppose I just have to try not to sulk now Sad

giff77's picture

posted by giff77 [844 posts]
1st January 2013 - 12:59

like this
Like (0)

giff77 wrote:
Happy New Year everyone. Woke up saw the weather and bailed out. And yes rule #5 took a back seat on this occassion. Headed out for brunch with some mates and the clouds roll away and now cracking blue skies. A tad miffed if I may say. Other arrangements I can't break free from this afternoon. Ah well. Suppose I just have to try not to sulk now Sad

I recomend the BBC online weather forecast, particularly the 24 hour part. It is almost always spot on. I plan my rides the day before based on it; on the odd occasion it is wrong, tough on me. On a few occasions the forecast has been OK but it looks grim first thing, however the ride has turned out OK

posted by SideBurn [682 posts]
1st January 2013 - 15:07

like this
Like (1)

Happy New Year to you all! For a number of reasons, I was off my bike for most of December. I actually went out on two rides today - the first was just 14 leisurely miles with my son. Just before my dinner I got out on my own for a quick 12 mile sprint round the local roads. Felt fantastic afterwards!

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll be riding 40 miles in the beautiful Glens of Antrim. The ride up Glenariffe alone is just fantastic - about six miles of it!

posted by Mooman16 [28 posts]
1st January 2013 - 18:13

like this
Like (0)

SideBurn wrote:

I recomend the BBC online weather forecast, particularly the 24 hour part. It is almost always spot on. I plan my rides the day before based on it; on the odd occasion it is wrong, tough on me. On a few occasions the forecast has been OK but it looks grim first thing, however the ride has turned out OK

I agree with that, i'm the same. Although today it was forecast to rain pretty much all morning where i am, unusual for me i decided to head out anyway and i hardly had a drop, bright and sunny for most of the way!

Dutchie's picture

posted by Dutchie [51 posts]
1st January 2013 - 20:34

like this
Like (0)

I did some highly enjoyable intervals on the turbo but start as you mean to go on Sick

Sq

Squiggle's picture

posted by Squiggle [409 posts]
2nd January 2013 - 4:45

like this
Like (0)

...and Happy New Year to you all too! Big Grin

Sq

Squiggle's picture

posted by Squiggle [409 posts]
2nd January 2013 - 4:47

like this
Like (0)

Having not had the chance to get out for 3 weeks or so due to family commitments and the weather I was chomping at the bit to get out yesterday.

Very windy on a 25 mile ride but just the right thing to blow the cobwebs away.

posted by Marauder [233 posts]
2nd January 2013 - 8:28

like this
Like (0)