Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A very HNY and what's planned for today?

Hi All,
firstly Happy New Year to you - lets hope it's a good one, aye?  4

For a change it is absolutely georgeous here today so going out for a good old ride - clear, not a cloud, little wind and just a little chilly - fantastic.

Anybody else going out this morning/afternoon?

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

Having not had the chance to get out for 3 weeks or so due to family commitments and the weather I was chomping at the bit to get out yesterday.

Very windy on a 25 mile ride but just the right thing to blow the cobwebs away.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

...and Happy New Year to you all too!  4

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I did some highly enjoyable intervals on the turbo but start as you mean to go on  31

Mooman16 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Happy New Year to you all! For a number of reasons, I was off my bike for most of December. I actually went out on two rides today - the first was just 14 leisurely miles with my son. Just before my dinner I got out on my own for a quick 12 mile sprint round the local roads. Felt fantastic afterwards!

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll be riding 40 miles in the beautiful Glens of Antrim. The ride up Glenariffe alone is just fantastic - about six miles of it!

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Happy New Year everyone. Woke up saw the weather and bailed out. And yes rule #5 took a back seat on this occassion. Headed out for brunch with some mates and the clouds roll away and now cracking blue skies. A tad miffed if I may say. Other arrangements I can't break free from this afternoon. Ah well. Suppose I just have to try not to sulk now  2

SideBurn replied to giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes
giff77 wrote:

Happy New Year everyone. Woke up saw the weather and bailed out. And yes rule #5 took a back seat on this occassion. Headed out for brunch with some mates and the clouds roll away and now cracking blue skies. A tad miffed if I may say. Other arrangements I can't break free from this afternoon. Ah well. Suppose I just have to try not to sulk now  2

I recomend the BBC online weather forecast, particularly the 24 hour part. It is almost always spot on. I plan my rides the day before based on it; on the odd occasion it is wrong, tough on me. On a few occasions the forecast has been OK but it looks grim first thing, however the ride has turned out OK

Dutchie replied to SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes
SideBurn wrote:

I recomend the BBC online weather forecast, particularly the 24 hour part. It is almost always spot on. I plan my rides the day before based on it; on the odd occasion it is wrong, tough on me. On a few occasions the forecast has been OK but it looks grim first thing, however the ride has turned out OK

I agree with that, i'm the same. Although today it was forecast to rain pretty much all morning where i am, unusual for me i decided to head out anyway and i hardly had a drop, bright and sunny for most of the way!

Saint Mikie 41 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Went out first thing and it was lovely. Dry with the sun coming up and clear roads.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Still no riding for me. Not much improvement either. I can't believe my last ride of 2012 was in Nov.
Gutted.
I look forward to my first ride of 2013.

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow, respect to you there SideBurn - I walked that (twice) last year with the dogs and what cracking walks they were - very up and down, steep too. Went from Lee to Woolacombe, back to Ilfracombe and back to Lee.
Some stunning scenary.
Enjoy.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

SideBurn replied to trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes
trikeman wrote:

Wow, respect to you there SideBurn - I walked that (twice) last year with the dogs and what cracking walks they were - very up and down, steep too. Went from Lee to Woolacombe, back to Ilfracombe and back to Lee.
Some stunning scenary.
Enjoy.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

I am doing the Ilfracombe - Woolacombe leg. Morte Point is always amazing  16

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm off moonlighting.... 16 mile run. But it is along the North Devon coast path  16 Anyone got plans or objectives for this year, new years resolutions etc?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Having a day off after my 19 hour week from Monday to Monday.

Shame because it's the first good weather Ive had for about two weeks.

Going to celebrate 2k13 by ordering me some SRAM Force.

Dread66 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Happy New Year to everyone  1

I'm out on the bike this morning for the first time in a while. This year for me is all about building on the mileage covered in 2012 as I'm planning a massive European ride in 2014.

Have a good day everyone as it's perfect weather to get out there today!  41

stuke | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just finishing breakfast then I'm out for a couple of hours on the bling bike  4

Linkinbassist | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm off to Herne Hill to go and race me some 'Cross. Literally couldn't be happier with that ^.^

Latest Comments