Lezyne Pressure Drive Handpump; S**t. Recommendations for replacement?

by SideBurn   December 29, 2012  

Hit a pothole this morning; broke a spoke nipple Crying No problem, fix it in my tea-break, got my CO2 inflator Cool Except the one year old CO2's seals had perished, the CO2 came out the wrong end and froze my fingers to the cylinder Crying No problem, I have a nearly new Lezyne Pressure Drive hand pump Cool Except the connector is already knackered; despite only having been used a few times Crying Useless Crying Can anyone recommend a hand pump and/or a CO2 that actually works more than once Thinking

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Topeak mini morph!

posted by GodleySpinner [21 posts]
29th December 2012 - 23:32

like this
Like (2)

Airforce mini pump. I've had mine eight years and it's as good as ever!

posted by The Rumpo Kid [590 posts]
29th December 2012 - 23:50

like this
Like (2)

Topeak Road Morph is excellent. If you want something more mini, Crank Bros Power Pump Ultra is very good & fits in a pocket (this is the one I always carry), but as always mini pumps don't get up to high pressure.

I've got 2 Lezyne pumps - the travel track pump and the road drive. Don't like them as much as the two above, fiddly getting a seal.

posted by bazzargh [144 posts]
30th December 2012 - 3:11

like this
Like (2)

Thanks for your help; your pump is an important piece of kit!

posted by SideBurn [764 posts]
30th December 2012 - 22:19

like this
Like (1)

lezyne road drive cfh ... best of both worlds and never
had a problem (got an alloy drive mini I use on the mtb -
also faultless over the years !!)

still on the 3rd switch-back of Bwlch !

posted by therevokid [679 posts]
31st December 2012 - 10:56

like this
Like (2)

airforce mimi pump never let me down i treated my self to a lezyne in spring this year and just could not get on with it had three puncture and ended up using another rider pump each time to inflate my tyres.
it my have just been user error but the airforce is easy, simple and affective, inflates to a good pressure

i will not be changing again only to another airforce

Pain is weekness leaving the body

road ronin's picture

posted by road ronin [56 posts]
31st December 2012 - 18:51

like this
Like (2)