Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rapha Festive 500

If you haven't started yet, well...

Anyway, I'm doing it, and I know that "pirnie" and "Squiggle" are doing it on here as well.

500km between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

If you want, you can go "Rapha" about it and make a film or poem or something. On the last day, I'm planning to go out with a couple of mates and a Fiat Doblo to make a movie. It's going to be a spoof of the Continental: Assynt one, with the guy reading the shipping forecast.

So... yeah. I'm 40% complete, which is a little bit in front of where I should be, having done a metric today.

_

Would like to hear from everyone who is doing it.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I put this as one of my stories.

Worth a shot.  4

Old Cranky | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well done!

I also managed the 500km with 6 rides over the 8 days and am looking forward to receiving my badge from Rapha  26

I doubt if my blog write up is worthy of any mention or a prize but you never know - www.bedscyclist.blogspot.com

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

YAY!

107% complete

4  4  4

nappe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Done! Managed 120km today, almost all of it into a headwind, I swear the wind changed direction. Quite pleased with myself as the weather has been awful. Next stop, 1000 miles in January and then some work on actually going fast again. I'll be glad when I can put the winter bike away...

thebongolian | 11 years ago
0 likes

46km to go after 103km today. Legs surprisingly OK after yesterday's long ride.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

So much for 70km. Could only take out 57.

Wind is not my friend.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Waiting for the sun to come up...

koko56 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Joined in but thought it was from xmas dat not eve. Did 100kms on eve without strava!  13

Have 350kms left... oh dear. Though 10C and no rain forecast for monday, so fingers crossed.

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oooooooooooh on second thoughts this might work out nicely. I'm only 219Km shy of 10,000Km for the year.

That's a very tempting target!  39

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

FFS!!!! AAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!  102

80Kms today but Strava didn't accept the file so I still have 190Km to go!

14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14

I've sent the file to Strava support to see if they can do anything. Not sure I want to ride 580Km in a week in December but I might do it anyway just out of spite!

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Enjoy.  19

Will do around 70 tomorrow to leave very little for the last day,

thebongolian | 11 years ago
0 likes

Giving this a go. 150km left after 135km on Christmas Ever and a 215km ride today and from London to Worthing and back. The ride out in a strong southerly was horrible. And the wind seemed to have swung a little to the west on the way back so didn't seem to help much for the return. Oh well, 100km tomorrow if the legs can stand it...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

The weather has been the biggest challenge. Today's wind assisted ride wasn't so bad though.

Held a very popular East Suffolk KoM for about an hour before my friend stole it  22

nappe | 11 years ago
0 likes

75% done, but it was horribly wet and windy today. Club ride ride tomorrow will add at least another 100k so I should easily(!) complete this, but the weather has made it quite a challenge. As a bonus, my new Altura jacket has kept me dry...thank God for Xmas presents  4

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Great work Raleigh! Sadly looks like I'm not going to make it. A combination of bad weather family commitments and heavy legs (excuses excuses) Oh well...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

78% done, 110km left!  4

Leviathan | 11 years ago
0 likes

Been to Sainsburys today, on 1.25%. Not sure I'll make it, just two days to go. Come on Sir Velo!

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Given in to the wind today.

Getting a lift to a town south of wher I am and going to ride the tailwind up to Walberswick to meet for lunch.

Frankly, Ive had enough of #5, had completely crap weather all through this challenge.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

65% done.

FILTHY headwind.  31

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

52% done today in more filthy conditions, not only wind today, but lashing rain  2

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

LOL shouting at Movistar's MAMIL division! I'm up to 180Km so 7.5 behind schedule. I meant to do a 3 hour ride today but I was done in after 2. Not enough Christmas pudding maybe.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

How many people did you see out today?

I only saw walkers and joggers, including two middle aged men in Movistar Jerseys!

I shouted: Hey Alejandro!

But they didn't get it.

big mick | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm 1/3 done but it's been windy and cold everyday.20 miles out today and punctured had to ride home with 50psi tops in my back tyre it felt like riding in mud.Let's hope the rain holds off.Not one person stopped and offered to help.  14

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh, and well done on your first post.

Its addictive.  4

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had a filth of a headwind today. [And yesterday and the day before  31 ]

I was planning on entering for the worst weather prize, as there have been consistent 40kt southerlies all week, and according to windguru, there will be for the rest of the challenge period. But then, Wind doesn't film very well does it.

nappe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Out today on the club ride which gave me a metric century as well. Though I think that the head wind up Cragg Vale should count for more.... 40% done as well.

Latest Comments