Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

All I Want For Christmas...

Is a sneak preview of the rider values for 2013......although Vicky P wrapped in a bow would be an adequate substitute  19

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah, nothing like the ghosts of Christmas Past! A year has gone by and what a beautiful year it was, Fantasy Cycling-wise. Loved the game, as usual and just wanted to say Merry Christmas to Dave and all the usual suspects lined here on the forum. Thanks for a fun 2013! Enjoy the holidays with your loved ones!  1

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm... That's strange... The Fantasy Cycling Automatic Roster Changes Thread says it was updated 1 hour 22 min ago by roadcc_admin but I don't see any additions to any race... Hmmm... Were there any changes made?... Are the changes displayed latest first?...

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Hmmm... That's strange... The Fantasy Cycling Automatic Roster Changes Thread says it was updated 1 hour 22 min ago by roadcc_admin but I don't see any additions to any race... Hmmm... Were there any changes made?... Are the changes displayed latest first?...

Did you go to the second page of the thread?

James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes
Johnbosley | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right, New Fantasy Year, what are we waiting for?

dave atkinson replied to Johnbosley | 11 years ago
0 likes
Johnbosley wrote:

Right, New Fantasy Year, what are we waiting for?

we're waiting for monday 7 jan which is the date we're planning to launch the 2013 season, all going well...

Johnbosley replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

Excellent, thanks.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

all will be revealed soon. and yes, 3.0 is the min.

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

... all will be revealed soon...

When? I'm checking every day!  1

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... 3.0 is the min...

We'll need lower than 3.0, Dave, c'mon! 2.5 is a really cool number.. How about at least one rider per race at 2.5, or 2.3, or 2.7, just a wee bit below 3.0? I guarantee I'll use them!  1 I'll need it to stack up my team with the higher valued riders! Please? I was one of the ones that loved the 2.3 riders, like Stijn Neirynck, the 2.4 riders, the 2.5 ones, like Steve Chainel and Mikel Astarloza and the 2.7 riders, like Stijn Vandenbergh... One per race? Please?  1

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave, what are your thoughts on transfers and the penalty fees?...

Anything on this?  1

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... here's how it'll basically work:
1) there's a maximum rider value of 40 and a minimum rider value of 3...

Is the minimum rider value 3.0?

Can't wait! Thanks!  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ooohhhh.

Has anyone had a look at the ProFSL thing?

Because that IS flipping complicash!

I have absolutely NO idea what's going on.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm not going into any more value's  19

You'll just have to wait and see  4  4  4

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

So its based on potential results... Kind of

Interesting.

Hopefully there will still be some cheapo Domestiques.

dave atkinson replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

So its based on potential results... Kind of

not really. it's based on a year of past form, weighted to the types of stages in the race. so if it was all high mountains, cav's value would be much lower.

Bobbys boys | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ballan will be cheap!!

Get well soon Alessandro  1

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Merry Christmas Road.cc  4
How about Eddie bos?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I didn't think that would be the final value, but I thought I'd give them an insight, confusing as it may be.

Just finishing off all the new riders and hoping the team finalize their full rosters soon  4

0 likes

you should see how much andy schleck is going for  4

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Uran is good value this year then.

0 likes

(uran's value is 23.8)

enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok, go crazy here Gkam, Mark Cavendish and Peter Sagan... can you do it?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Here you go, I am not even going to attempt to explain it, because I have NO idea, But I this would be for him starting the Santos Tour Down Under

Rigoberto Uran

Stage type: FL

45.8 points from 20 stages contested, Average 2.3. Weighted score: 145.36

Stage type: MM

95.0 points from 17 stages contested, Average 5.6. Weighted score: 240.8

Stage type: HM

95.6 points from 5 stages contested, Average 19.1. Weighted score: 191

Stage type: SF

73.0 points from 13 stages contested, Average 5.6. Weighted score: 95.2

Stage type: IT

19.0 points from 5 stages contested, Average 3.8. Weighted score: 0

Stage type: TT

8.0 points from 2 stages contested, Average 4.0. Weighted score: 0.0

Rider total score: 25.9

Rider type: KM

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Here you go, I am not even going to attempt to explain it, because I have NO idea, But I this would be for him starting the Santos Tour Down Under

Rigoberto Uran

Stage type: FL

45.8 points from 20 stages contested, Average 2.3. Weighted score: 145.36

Stage type: MM

95.0 points from 17 stages contested, Average 5.6. Weighted score: 240.8

Stage type: HM

95.6 points from 5 stages contested, Average 19.1. Weighted score: 191

Stage type: SF

73.0 points from 13 stages contested, Average 5.6. Weighted score: 95.2

Stage type: IT

19.0 points from 5 stages contested, Average 3.8. Weighted score: 0

Stage type: TT

8.0 points from 2 stages contested, Average 4.0. Weighted score: 0.0

Rider total score: 25.9

Rider type: KM

that's not his value though, just to confuse things a little more.

sagan is a top-of-the-pile 40 for the TDU. Cav is 33.4. at the moment. things may change.

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

The game is looking quite nice! It looks great, really! I love it...

I really (!) like this:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

Premium players can roll over an unlimited number of transfers, and their transfers don't expire.

But, man, I'm broke! Would you change that so standard folks can have unlimited rollovers too? Or at least have a rollover of four days, please? Otherwise I feel like the Premium players will have a pretty significant advantage! Please?  1

By the way, I miss something from last year's Pick A Team page. Rider values would be grayed out if their value was above the amount left on your budget. You could avoid going over budget because anyone above what was left on your budget was not available to be selected. Can that be done this year, too? I'm really excited to be back at this! Thanks!  1

nickobec replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Premium players can roll over an unlimited number of transfers, and their transfers don't expire.

The way I 1st read that, if I sign up as a premium player, don't use any transfers and bank them all up to the Giro. I would have 100+ transfers banked for the Giro and to try and win the big prize.

Then I thought about it, and the unlimited transfers between races and realised that maybe it was only banking transfers in each race that are unlimited.

So which one is it Dave?

option 1 makes some big changes to game play and fairness IMHO.

option 2 gives an big advantage to premium players if they plan well.

enrique wrote:

Otherwise I feel like the Premium players will have a pretty significant advantage!

Agree

Actually unsure as to sign up as premium or take the challenge and play as free to beat the premium players with a handicap.

drheaton replied to nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

The way I 1st read that, if I sign up as a premium player, don't use any transfers and bank them all up to the Giro. I would have 100+ transfers banked for the Giro and to try and win the big prize.

Then I thought about it, and the unlimited transfers between races and realised that maybe it was only banking transfers in each race that are unlimited.

So which one is it Dave?

enrique wrote:

Otherwise I feel like the Premium players will have a pretty significant advantage!

Agree

Actually unsure as to sign up as premium or take the challenge and play as free to beat the premium players with a handicap.

I believe the way the game is set up each race is a separate competition so transfers wouldn't carry over between the likes of the Giro and Tour. What would actually happen would be that if you kept the same team from stage 1 to stage 5 you'd have accumulated 8 transfers rather than the previous cap of 4.

Not that it makes much difference to how the game plays (except removing some planning from it regarding when to start changing from sprinters to climbers etc). You still need to make the right choices for stage 1 and if you get it wrong you may be at an even greater disadvantage than you were last year because those getting their picks right can save their transfers and have 8 or so for when we get a change from flat to TT or flat to mountains whereas if you get it wrong you're making changes every day just to catch up.

I think that's how it works but I'm sure Dave will correct me if I'm wrong.

dave atkinson replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I believe the way the game is set up each race is a separate competition so transfers wouldn't carry over between the likes of the Giro and Tour. What would actually happen would be that if you kept the same team from stage 1 to stage 5 you'd have accumulated 8 transfers rather than the previous cap of 4.

yeah, the transfers are confined to a competition, they don't carry over to the next one

enrique replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

enrique wrote:

... Would you change that so standard folks can have unlimited rollovers too? Or at least have a rollover [period] of four days [for the Grand Tours], please? Otherwise I feel like the Premium players will have a pretty significant advantage!...

Please?...

nickobec wrote:

I agree...

drheaton wrote:

Not that it makes much difference to how the game plays...

I think it makes a huge (!) difference! Premium players can use transfers in a significantly different way in Grand Tours! Over three weeks I think it can make a giant-killing difference! : (

Aw, boy... Dave, would you consider making it a level playing field between the Standard players and the Premium players? At least for the Grand Tours? Like nicko says, it's almost like playing with a handicap.

Some of us play just for fun, and are ok with not winning the Grand Prizes, but would still like to to be competitive and not feel we're at a competitive disadvantage from the get go, especially come Grand Tour time...

I think playing without being able to bank transfers the same way would put Standard players at a game-changing disadvantage to Premium players, especially over a period of three weeks. Many times during a Grand Tour, I've had transfers go to waste because of the 1 day rollover period.

I can imagine, for example, coming into the last week of the 2013 Tour, a Premium player who has banked a ton of transfers will be able to come to the last Time Trial stage, Stage 17, and bring in 2, 3 or 4 more Time Trialers for that stage, turn his team around for the 3 upcoming mountain stages, bank transfers for two days, and then, maybe also (!) be able to bring in 2, 3 or 4 more sprinters for the last stage in Paris than a Standard player could. I think deploying that strategy would kill just about any Standard team that was still in contention that last week.

I don't mind not winning the bike, but I'd like to get a shot at winning the competition on equal terms.

Premium players are already getting a shot at the bikes and all, why should they also get such a great advantage, which becomes especially more significant over the course of three weeks? It just feel unfair...

It's like giving them a 5 second advantage in a 100 meter race... I don't think it's a level playing field.

It feels like Standard players will be a tier below the Premium and it will not feel like the same game for both levels... In fact, it isn't, since it's different rules... I don't think you're matching wits fairly, especially during the Grand Tours, between Standard players and Premium players, when Premium players have such a significant advantage in the form of not losing any transfers...

It really let the wind out of my sails... : ( It may fall on deaf ears, but I'd love it if you made the transfer rules equal or more equitable, even if it was only for the Grand Tour competitions. Thanks! : )

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

If Lizzie Armitstead was on Fantasy Cycling...  24

How about...

Rigoberto Uran Uran?  39

Littlesox | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't get it, but how about Lizzie Armitstead ?

Pages

Latest Comments