Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

"Purito to go please"

Where's he going to go then?

Saxo? (Got Contador)

Cannondale? (Hardly a Tour Winning Team)

Euskaltel? (Can't afford him)

SKY? (Pff)

Or will Katusha get a license?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I can see him at ex-Rabobank they've always had a strong contingent of Spaniards in Friere, Barredo, and Sanchez, while Gesink dosn't seem quite able to cut it in the grand tours. However what with the sponsor dropping out it's pretty unlikely. I'd much rather Katusha stayed in the world tour really. They might have a rep as one of the shadier teams but not any more so than the others.

Municipal Waste | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is precisely why the UCI didn't grant Katusha a license and DID give Saxo Bank looser team one. Due to that in my opinion Contador is going to be a strong contender in the 2013 season and Purito is the only man that can beat him in the mountains.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think he will stay put, as there isnt a team that needs a leader that doesnt have one, (cannondale, Argos will go for stage wins rather than overall with Sagan, Degenkolb, Kittel etc and Basso for GC at Giro) and any that would require one, Euskaltel or FDJ maybe, cant afford one.

Think AG2R could surprise this season, certainly classics and the Giro having Nocentini, Pozzovivo and Betancurt

The Rumpo Kid | 11 years ago
0 likes

Raboblanco?

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Movistar?

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think he will stay put tbh.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

He's going no where, trust what I say......  3

Plus its a bit late, everyone's budgets are set and spent for the coming season.  26

brittleware | 11 years ago
0 likes

Euskaltel is the logical choice. But... And whether Katusha gets a license is highly questionable right now. An absurd state of affairs IMHO.

Latest Comments